By ardea_alba - 01/01/2016 20:27 - Russian Federation - Yekaterinburg

Today, I was talking to myself in the bathroom to remind myself of what chores I need to do. My husband overheard me and is now convinced that I was on the phone with someone. No amount of proof, logic or reasoning can convince him that I'm not cheating on him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 880
You deserved it 2 293

ardea_alba tells us more.

OP here: I'm a work-from-home mom and devoted wife :) We share bank accounts, mails, FB profiles (yes, we're one of those couples) and anything else you could think of...He knows how my phone works and what features it has better than myself, so to sum up - no, there is absolutely no reason he would think that except the fact that I am the first relationship he hasn't cheated in, so I guess it's true what they say - 'you assume for others what you're capable of yourself' :) cheers to all,

Top comments

The best kind of lovers: the ones you secretly call to talk about your chores.

I also make calls to a person I'm having an affair with in the bathroom while my husband is home. I feel like he doesn't have common sense if he thinks you chose the bathroom when there's many places out there you could call and not be heard by your husband. Fyl op, hopefully he grows up.

Comments

If he jumps to the conclusion that you're cheating just cuz you talked to yourself in the bathroom, that means it's already in the forefront of HIS mind, quite possibly because it is him cheating on you. It's basic psychology. Ask him if he feels insecure about your relationship for any reason. It's hopefully just insecurity, although to treat your spouse with such distrust without reason raises a HUGE red flag.

I'll be honest- if some hot guy wanted to talk about coming over and vacuuming and doing some dishes... I would pretty ecstatic. Those things don't wash themselves.

If some ugly guy wanted to come over and do my household chores, I'd take that, too. When it comes to getting the dishes done without having to do them myself, I have no standards.

only logic is you guys just got hitched or this is a normal occurrence you married him you should know he's like that or idk...

Someone is insecure! Maybe he's the one hiding something behind his insecurities. Good luck op

OP here: I'm a work-from-home mom and devoted wife :) We share bank accounts, mails, FB profiles (yes, we're one of those couples) and anything else you could think of...He knows how my phone works and what features it has better than myself, so to sum up - no, there is absolutely no reason he would think that except the fact that I am the first relationship he hasn't cheated in, so I guess it's true what they say - 'you assume for others what you're capable of yourself' :) cheers to all,

OP, this is really raising alarm bells for me. One of my friends was in an abusive relationship with a man who sounds similar to your husband...she couldn't do anything on her own, online or off, and he frequently invented accusations out of thin air like your husband did as a reason to track her more heavily. Fortunately, she didn't have kids, but it still took her a long time to get free of him. Obviously I don't know you or your husband, but I'd be really, really careful, if I were you.

Yeah, OP, I'm with #73 here. I myself have never been in an abusive relationship, but my mom has never not been in one and this sounds eerily similar. I hope it's not, but it's something you should really start thinking about.

Malsain_fml 10

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I don't think anyone is questioning your devotion, but why be with a man that has a very long history of infidelity? Clearly if he's this paranoid about you doing something, he's up to no good. I dated a guy when I was 20 that was very insecure and jealous about me and who I spoke with, who I saw, etc. yet he had no qualms flirting with other women or seeing them. Get out while you can. Sometimes the situation itself is blinding and you can't see how ****** up it is until you finally become an outsider to the situation yourself.

OP, I'm with most of the answers you got: be careful which way the power scale in your relationship is swinging. I recommend watching the "Red flags of a narcissist" video series on YouTube. If more than a few of the symptoms seem oddly familiar to you, it's time to re-evaluate how you are being treated in your relationship.

If he cheated in every other relationship I wonder how many relationships he had but that's pretty shady someone who has problems with you cheating (your not cheating I know) but is fine with cheating himself? that's fishy and maybe hypocritical

the first non cheating relationship? Sounds like hes cheating. lol.

When it comes to cheating you're not accusing people of what you're capable of, you usually are accusing people when it something you have done so you feel less guilty.

I'm pretty sure that accusing a partner of cheating is one of the most obvious and accurate red flags that the accuser is cheating. Especially when the person doing the accusing has a history of cheating. Even more so if they refuse to accept evidence to the contrary.

I'm with GhostFox on this one, OP. You shouldn't be sharing profiles or anything like that either... That's not healthy real behavior on its own. Then you couple that with the accusatory behavior from him, you definitely have some abusive shit happening. I'd get out if I were you.... BEFORE shit hits the fan and you end up with scars... Physical and emotional

Might I recommend getting your own bank account and having at least some of your payments deposited there? Maybe things aren't as bad as other commenters and I think (that is, bad enough that you should consider taking your kids and fleeing ASAP), but it certainly couldn't hurt to have a lifeline of your own in any event.

Желаю вам всего наилучшего)))