By mattrd - 13/02/2013 21:01 - United States

Today, I was making lunch, when my two-year-old ran up to me and handed me an empty bottle of baby powder. I soon realized I'd be spending the rest of my day cleaning the entire house. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 492
You deserved it 4 243

mattrd_fml tells us more.

OP here. First off, I am a father. Not a mother. lol. for everyone who wonders how this could happen, I should have put the baby powder back in his diaper caddy, but for some reason I didn't. I have no reason just forgot I guess. And sometime during me preparing his lunch he went to his room grabbed it off his changing table and powdered the house until it was empty and longer any use to him. He is quick! I wish I had eyes on the back of my head. Thanks for all the people who were understanding.

Top comments

sumbum95 15

Well now your house will smell like new baby fresh scent! :)

Be glad. When they're older they'll be spilling their cocaine around the house.

Comments

Maybe this is a sign you shouldn't have anymore kids.. lol

Seriously?! Because her toddler did what all toddlers do you think she shouldn't have kids. Wow.

What I meant was, kids are a handful. Not that she's a bad parent.

14 - By your logic, NO family would ever have more than one child. Go ask you family what you did as a 2-year-old; you'll hear lots of fun stories.

Kids are just cute, destructive creatures. Like the time my siblings took every pillow and cushion off of our rather big couch and just made a huge pile on the floor

asnakelovinbabe 16

#76 that sounds like a perfectly normal occurrence that probably happened daily when my brothers and I were kids. Along with draping blankets over everything to make forts.

lol, I raised two kids which aren't my own. But they are my siblings, and it's hard raising two kids just a year and a couple months apart. I never meant anything bad about it, just know how stressful kids can be. I sure as heck wouldn't want two toddlers of my own running around at the same time. It's hard.

I guess I could have worded it better than what I did, I apologize.

Lionesse 15

There are times you wish you can be mad at little ones but you can't in reality because they don't know any better.

X_Codes 11

That said, they are quite possibly the reason we invented lids.

three is ten times worse... at least in my personal experience... haha

RedPillSucks 31

If you know you're going to be distracted (making lunch) make sure your young child can't get into anything. Since it was lunch, you could have put the kid in a high chair since he/she's expecting to eat any way.

The kid is two. They don't sit in high chairs anymore by two. Mine hasn't sat in his high chair since he was 18 months. Two year olds are independent little guys and gals and they don't think about consequences before doing something. That comes with a little bit more age.

And not everyone has the privledge, time, or money for perfect baby proofing and constant staring when you're supervising.

I did that as a kid. I covered my baby sister in her crib, all you could see were her eyes. Your kid is cool!

My mom and I found my 2yr sister sitting inside a deep pot bathing herself in baby powder. The cutest baby pictures. Kids are so silly :)

iShanny 13

Ha, I did this as a kid too! Powder all over my little brother, the bed, and the floor... And of course in the pictures I'm grinning away. The things children do...

perdix 29

You need to sit him down and have a long talc.

fgwrxfiend 11

I see what you did there 24..apparently 37 did not

DaisyPink 6

I bet you giggled at your own cleverness when you came up with that one. :o) You gotta admit, that was a pretty good one!

perdix 29

#96, OK, yes, I did a little ;)