By daninalani - 11/03/2012 22:37 - United States

Today, I was discussing the possibility of other life in the universe with my friend. She said the universe isn't big enough for it to be possible, and that we would know about it already, because "there are only 8 planets in the universe." FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 352
You deserved it 3 272

daninalani tells us more.

FML bc i spent all morning trying to tell her about how big the universe was. she just got angry.

Top comments

miz_kamakazi 11

F HER Life if she thinks that! Let me guess, she's a 4 year freshman at UCLA, her favorite color is clear, and she wants to become a veterinarian because she loves children. SMH

Comments

leftyy 0

I guess time travel from the middle ages to now really is possible!

I'd say this is more of a fhl, not fyl. Since she's the dumb bitch

WeAreAHurricane 14

Was the stronger insult needed? Could have just called her dumb.

74- Dumb people think there are nine planets in the solar system. Dumb bitches think there are 8 planets in the universe. So yes, the stronger insult was required.

MissHayleyJames 7

Hey, up until recently there WERE 9 planets. I grew up with Pluto as a planet and to me it always will be!

Man, I lose hope for humanity everyday, heh. On a relevant note, I don't care what those scientists say, I still call Pluto a planet :3

sqeakyclean 7

If Pluto isn't a planet, "My very educated mother just served us nine." No more pizzas! And that makes me sad. To deny pizza to the world is tragic:(

And the scientists don't care what you say. Pluto is not a planet. Nor is previous former planet Ceres.

I don't understand why people are so caught up on Pluto. Who cares if it is a planet or not! It's still there and it's still a far away rock.

69 - how about "My very educated mother just served us nachos"?

sqeakyclean 7

In college, I took a class called "Earth." anyway- I was asked how many stars are in the galaxy. I said, "Billions." Derp!

LaColombianita 26

Oh I just learned the other day that there are more stars in the galaxy than there are grains of sand in the world.

sqeakyclean 7

I meant the solar system. I obviously didn't learn much in that class. Double derp.

24-How many grains of sand? You/They don't know? You have NO proof.

That's actually wrong there are an estimated 400 billion stars in the milky way galaxy and somewhere around 7.5 quintillion grains of sand on earth. There are more stars in the UNIVERSE than grains of sand on earth. Perhaps that is what you are referring to.

omarzrgz 3

Quintillion is a number? WTF? *faceapalm to myself*

sqeakyclean 7

No, no. The appropriate answer is "Billyuns and billyuns...." in a Carl Sagan voice.

I'm worried about our future generation. Smh

Shadow_Phantom 26

HNNNNNNNNGH. *eye twitch* FYL for having to hang around her... FHL for being so stupid.

Hey, if the sun revolves around our flat earth, I'd say we are the only life form. You'd best not seek out the truth or you'll fall off the edge of the world!

Your friend must be finding her own life to be a real challenge, let alone any other that may exist out there.

KiddNYC1O 20

I believe there is another planet like Earth out there on the other side of the universe with inhabitants.

FML bc i spent all morning trying to tell her about how big the universe was. she just got angry.

JustStella 28

She got mad cause you're messing with her ignorance... It's bliss, man!

It's ok, OP. Maybe if she know's she's wrong, she might, over time, look into it more. And it seems you've notified her of this. However, just so you and other posters on here know- there are a few different types of intelligence, and one of them is spatial. Some people simply don't possess this type of intelligence, and so it's hard for them to visualize things, like how far and which roads lead you to Ikea, to the mind-boggling size of our universe. Because the thing is, even those of us that study space have a hard time wrapping our minds around the size of the universe, or even the galaxy, and some people simply don't have the capacity for it, and no amount of education can change that. My best friend is like that- BUT- she does know there are other systems and galaxies, and all you can really do for your friend is help her understand that. Good luck.

ninjastartogut 3

Pull out an astronomy book and show her.