By Paras_800 - 31/01/2015 19:14 - United States

Today, I was at an interview for one of the top universities in the U.S. Everything was going great until I choked on my own saliva and almost threw up on the interviewer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 120
You deserved it 3 105

Paras_800 tells us more.

Hey guys, its OP here! Just to clear a few things up, I was the one applying to the college, not interviewing another person. Sorry it was a typo, but in terms of the college I am hoping they will look at the big picture rather than focusing on the one mistake.

Top comments

As long as he didn't mutter "community college" while pretending to cough, you should be fine.

I'm quite sure you are not the first nervous student to be interviewed. The interviewer might forgive you.

Comments

I get it, the scholarship that the Yale interviewer was offering you is lower than Harvard and Stanford. You lucky bastard! Best wishes to you.

They will probably just put it down to nerves, if you aced the rest of it I'm sure you still have a chance... Good luck dude

The person giving the interview is called the interviewer. The person being interviewed is the interviewee. You should know things like that if you're applying to one of the top colleges in the country.

Unless OP is the interviewer, which could work with the wording (I think-- I am really tired). Still would be an FML.

#23: That's exactly how I read it. The FML isn't unclear at all, it just implies the OP is actually the interviewer.

So... You were the one giving the interview? Or did you just want a poetic way of saying you almost threw up on yourself?

You're going to have to learn how to swallow better now that you're in college. Academia might force you to swallow your pride.

Tht happends to me when i give presentations at school xD hahaha i feel your pain

"I can't believe I threw up in front of Dean Wormer!" "Face it Kent, you threw up ON Dean Wormer..."

poor_gurll1198 17

*Interviewer* you would be the interviewee

#22: And if the OP really is the interviewer?

I don't think they noticed or the would have said something

Hey guys, its OP here! Just to clear a few things up, I was the one applying to the college, not interviewing another person. Sorry it was a typo, but in terms of the college I am hoping they will look at the big picture rather than focusing on the one mistake.

Good luck OP, I'm sure they won't care if you made a mistake like that, everyone gets nervous at times

xxreikoxx 31

I figured as much, OP. Most of the time, they will overlook what they tend to call "an unavoidable accident of nature" (try saying that five times fast). I hope you fall into the category of "most of the time," and that you do get accepted. Best wishes!