This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By SadWife - 25/12/2018 16:00 - United States - Aurora

Today, I got married. My husband and I just wanted to spend a romantic evening together to celebrate. He came down with a nasty bug and slept for 16 hours straight. I spent my wedding day drinking and crying alone. I feel guilty for being so upset, but can never get this day back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 275
You deserved it 332

Top comments

You may not have gotten to consummate your marriage right away, but you can't account for everything. If he was well during the ceremony, focus on that. After all, being married is what matters, isn't it? I do have to question why you spent the whole day crying and drinking, though. He was ill. It's not like he divorced you, or cheated on you. Make the most of the future you have together, and remember your wedding before your husband got down with the sickness. Oh, and if you're planning on having kids, or more kids, moderate your drinking. Not a good idea to reach for the rosé every time your plans don't work out the way you wanted.

Red Swingle 5

to be fair that's a huge day. I don't blame her for being upset and she acknowledged her feelings being unreasonable. she wanted a picture perfect wedding day dude lol not like she's genuinely angry at her partner for something he can't control

Comments

Burle 17

Whoever came up with that saying "well that's 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back" or "I'll never get this day back" is stupid. You don't get any time back, never have never will. It's a one way kinda thing

Your wedding is just one day. Living your marriage every day thereafter is what matters. If marriage was defined by how well the wedding day went ... I’m not going to go there.

I understand why you were disappointed, but getting drunk and sobbing all night seems a little over the top. I would think you'd be more concerned about your sick husband's well-being. Perhaps you two can have an honorary wedding night now that he's feeling better.

I don’t understand. you married this man, so obviously you care for his well-being. why does him being sick on your wedding day make you upset? maybe you should remember why you got married in the first place. not for the wedding but because you love one another. sad people these days get married for the wedding festivities and not for the right reasons.

Maybe you’re a bit too selfish to be married? You’d think your husband being that sick would be more important than your stupid ruined day

Perspective: Marriage isn't about the wedding day. It's about everything that comes after the wedding day. Good luck to you both.

STFU01 14

Didn't you promise to be there "in sickness and in health" ?