By ragnarok1540 - 18/02/2016 04:35 - United States - Philadelphia

Today, despite hints, suggestions, and even blatant criticism, my coworker refuses to believe he smells like rotten donkey nuts. He says he only needs to shower once a week, and that he doesn't believe in deodorant. I volunteered to do an extra autopsy today because the morgue smells better. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 582
You deserved it 1 331

ragnarok1540 tells us more.

Fortunately since we are pathologists, we don't really have any direct patient contact. However we do have many surgeons coming down to the surgical pathology lab, not to mention the poor laboratory technologists who have to work around this guy ...

Top comments

I don't understand people like this at all, hopefully he gets the hint eventually when he realises that a morgue literally smells better than he does

can't you ask a supervisor to speak with him? that sounds horrible

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
drayloon 50

Some people can't handle the spotlight and expectations of being the first comment

Perhaps show him video proof of the dead rolling in their morgue chutes due to his b.o.?

I don't understand people like this at all, hopefully he gets the hint eventually when he realises that a morgue literally smells better than he does

can't you ask a supervisor to speak with him? that sounds horrible

Unfortunately there are people out there whose religion or culture forbids the use of showers or soap and, most importantly, deodorant.

nonsensical 26

I highly doubt his is a religious case.

#20 (That Horse): Wrong. It's a hygiene issue. Regardless of the guy's religion the company CAN say he has to shower/use deodorant or be fired. At least in the U.S.

Actually that varies from state to state #33. Many states argue that religion and cultural heritage are to be protected, even at work. So if it is a religion/culture thing, OP and his coworkers are probably screwed.

What religion wouldn't support basic hygiene?! I don't need some book to tell me what's right and wrong...and definitely not when to clean myself. Wow.

Someone1111 22

Please name a religion that forbids you to stay clean. Being clean is part of your health, so tell me which religion prohibits you to be unhealthy

Touche #65……well done, here's your cookie

ananicosia 28

He smells worse than the dead, he's the walking dead and killer of noses everywhere

Describes a coworker of mine. He smells bad enough that flies threw up. After repeatedly commenting about the smell and taping deodorant to his locker, H R had a meeting with us about how this harassment will stop and if the culprit that harassed him was found, they would be fired. They stand by his right to stink, not our right to breathable air. We still put have to put up with his funk. Sucks to be us.

Make up some CDC safety protocol that you have to follow and spray him down with a hose every day when he comes in.

The real question is, how do you know what rotten donkey nuts smell like?

Our medical school book shipment warehouse is near the veterinary school anatomy lab, and once they brought in a several day old donkey carcass from a local farm for their anatomy classes ...

RedPillSucks 31

wow. the first legit answer to the weird question everyone was asking.

Un-*******-canny. I was not particularly interested in the odor of a decomposing ass initially, but **** ... I am surprised to see something normally hyperbolic and jocular in nature being described literally.

mthurston 14
STFU01 14

That's what I was wondering too...

What I want to know is why you know how rotten donkey nuts smell like?

See the OP's answer on the question above you ^

I never understand how some people who small so bad cannot smell it on themselves.

askullnamedbilly 33

Because that's how our noses work. We adapt to smells pretty quickly, because it's not new information to our brains. Have you never exited a room you've been in for hours for a quick break, and reentered it only to ask yourself how on earth you didn't notice how stale the air was?

He's basically the guy that Del the Funkee Homosapien was describing in "If You Must"