By toto13660 - 29/06/2016 20:10

Today, at the beach, a seagull conveyed its opinion of my cigarette by taking a dump on it, putting it out. Seems they have anti-tobacco sniper seagulls now. FML
I agree, your life sucks 521
You deserved it 469

Top comments

Catch it, breed it, and make the world a better place

@17: No one said quitting was easy. But it's worth doing for your own health (and your family's health). It's a gradual and frustrating process that is intimidating to start. Which is why some people need a little nudge... like for instance getting splatter bombed by a seagull. ;-P

Comments

Why does everybody always jump all over a smoker but not someone drinking alcohol? Legitimate question. Alcohol is 100x worse for your body but people don't say quit drinking. I find it quite hypocritical. I'm not saying smoking isn't bad for you, it is. But why jump on one thing and not the other?

#35 How do you know alcohol is worse for your body than tobacco? Not trying to question your statement, just genuinely curious.

Smoking is actually much worse for you. The ingredients in a normal cigarette are frightening. It's damaging to your lungs and frequently causes heart disease, not to mention it sometimes causes cancer. Second hand smoke causes asthma in kids, and even third hand smoke can affect infants and young children. Alcohol, if used in moderation by adults, is not particularly harmful, though it can be high in calories. Tobacco cigarettes, on the other hand, are inherently harmful to those who smoke them, and to those around them. I don't make any moral judgments about smoking, but in purely physical terms, it's bad stuff.

@39 I know it's bad for you and people shouldn't smoke, I'm not saying that. Alcohol has been linked to many types of cancer and diseases, such as sorosis of the liver, liver cancer, heart disease, and many other things. Also, a lot of people make horrible decisions while drinking that greatly affect other people. Granted there are some that are responsible just like there are responsible smokers who don't smoke around others especially children.

Honestly, I think the biggest reason people jump on smoking instead of alcohol is because smoking affects everyone around the smoker. Alcohol affects only the drinker, unless said drunk does something stupid. I have no problem with the person who wants to smoke. I respect that, it's their choice. My problem with smoking is when they do so in situations where it's inconsiderate of others. A few examples I've seen just in my general area: - Smoking outside the store (not a problem), then walking into the building and blowing all your smoke inside. (Totally inconsiderate of others, and being an asshole) - Flinging cigarette butts out of car windows, dropping cigarette butts on the ground, etc. when there's receptacles for that sort of thing. Made worse when most of them are still lit, so they're also a fire hazard. - Lighting up a smoke in someone else's car, especially after being told not to smoke in the car. - Smoking around children or pets, or other people's children and pets. Meanwhile, with alcohol, the biggest problem is already an illegal problem: drunk driving. Otherwise, it's just general stupidity. As for health issues, both are stupid, but it takes a lot more alcohol to do the same kinds of damage cigarettes can do.

petsrme307 12

well i know for a fact my drink wont give everyone near me cancer SO YEAH ITS DIFFERENT. thats why only stupid people ask questions like that

Zmanzem4 17

So many anti smoking comments. OP, you should live your life how you want to, not how other people tell you.

Mission failed. We'll get 'em next time.

I never thought I'd end up saying this sentence, but the seagull makes a good point. Perhaps it's time to give up, OP?

if this happened to I would possibly consider killing the Seagull.... and I refuse to kill animals normally, can't even kill a fish.

People go to the beach to breathe fresh ocean air not cigarette smoke. I'm glad beaches in California are slowly becoming non-smoking places one by one.

ahahha. that's kind of awesome. not that I'm for smoking, but dang that's good aim.