Tipped off

By MicachuPikachu - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States - Independence

Today, to make it seem like customers actually liked me, I told my coworkers I got tipped $12. Sadly, that "$12 tip" came out of my own pocket. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 357
You deserved it 14 000

Top comments

or you could be nice to the customers and maybe they'd actually like and tip you?

jonahwalzer 12

Comments

perdix 29

You must suck. I tip 15% if you are a personality-free robot who gets my food to me hot and keeps my drink from being empty. It's hard to go down from there. You seem to be more suited for telemarketing or tax collection.

I will admit, I do the same with my tips, as long as the waiter does their basic jobs, I am happy.

I am not saying that good wait staff never get stiffed by customers, but perhaps this pattern says something about your service...

Altie 13

You should tip yourself over the bridge.

tehdarkness 21

Perhaps you need a non customer service job...

Never brag about how much money you make in the service industry; it'll backfire and they'll think you're making more money than them and start sharking the remaining people.

If you want to get that $12 tip and more be nice to costumers and follow the rule of: the costumer is always right and suck up to the costumers :)

furubafan74 18

I don't know about costumers but customers usually aren't always right.

Most of the time, the customer is dead wrong. Just ask anyone who's ever had anything to do with any type of IT deparment. The question then would be whether the OP's work place bows to the customer or whether they have some pride and only deal with reasonable people. (The first one is a place where everybody is allowed and tolerated, while the second one tries to make sure that customers can have a decent "experience" by forcing them to follow a certain standard. Y'know, stuff like "No shoes, no shirts, no service" and the like.)

perdix 29

#28, yes! A stripper who gets tips by accommodating horny drunk men's requests to "keep it on!"

Where do you work is the question...but hey if we know all that we would all tip you decently... (:

I can't tolerate many of my customers, but they'll never know. Just put on a fake smile and give a good hello. I also whistle while I walk about to lower people's defenses. Works wonders on most people.