Sounds reasonable

By so romantic - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my boyfriend gave me a promise ring. It was so sweet and romantic, until he said, "I want to marry you one day… but I want to date some other girls first." FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 496
You deserved it 3 613

Top comments

Ah. So actually, he dumped you. He will just come back if all the relationships with the other girls fail. Ah. You're not going back to him, right?

Comments

perdix 29

Aw, that's so adorable! Most guys wait until marriage before they start dating other girls.

Code for I want to **** as many chicks as possible as long as you are willing to wait. But you better stay a virgin because I ain't gonna marry no ****. If you buy this then enjoy the STD's he's gonna bring home.

Sounded like he gave you a "maybe" ring rather than a promise ring. FYL

KiddNYC1O 20

Is that like a drowning smiley? Lol.

malincake 7

Jerk! You should do the same to him.

KiddNYC1O 20

Come on. Don't ever stoop to a scumbag's level.

"If it's meant to be, let it go free. If its meant to last, they'll come back." Philosophy 101, guys are sexual fiends through college, I'm assuming the OP is 17-19. He is going to be with others, so he's calling it off so he keeps a clean record without cheating; afterwards, he already knows who you are and knows you fit his lifestyle. I'd say he made a very mature mood. Anyone who thinks otherwise is unrealistic.

Funny, I've been in a relationship since sixteen with the same girl. We're now married and I never screwed around with other girls or even felt the need to. Stop using hormones as an excuse for a lack of morals and self-control.

...Ya know? I can sorta understand this, especially if he's fairly new to dating. Emotions are some crazy sons o' bitches. |the kid|

And then you told him where he could shove his promise ring right?

salsalover_12 5

Nahhhhh!! you don't do that...what you do is you keep it. Then you tell him that you've decided to start dating other guys afterwhich find a guy who's looking for a permanent relationship..stay with him and pawn the ring for money then use a porption of said money to buy something nice for your new found bf.

um sweet sentiment but I'm pretty convinced he got the concept wrong, Lmao!

vindicatedkay 0

Most men wait until marriage to start dating other women. At least you got a heads up before you made a huge mistake.

Copying perdix, I see. You should be ashamed.

SkardeyKat 3

Oh, how sweet! You are now his "official" last choice. Congrats!