Let's guess her name

By umm...no - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - United States - Keller

Today, I answered a call from a customer. She expected me to exchange her item without her actually having to go to one of our 800+ stores. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 467
You deserved it 809

Top comments

I had a customer threaten me before because I told him we needed the product to do a warranty exchange. He just wanted me to give him another for free.

Comments

Maybe she wanted someone from one of your 800+ stores to bring her the new merch and take away the old.

Baron_Kaz 15

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

It's that attitude that makes people hate retail. Try treating those who have to serve you with some understanding and respect. The workers can't change rules and protocols and there has to be a cut off point as to how far you to to make someone happy.

There's so many assumptions and things wrong here. First off, this is FML, if you don't want to see people "whining" about their lives, this isn't the place for you. Also, the customer is rarely right, and if they're making ridiculous demands or requests, especially ones that can't reasonably be fulfilled, you don't have to cater to them. If you buy a product from a store, that comes with the condition that you might need to go back to the store to get another one. It's the way things work, the store can't come to you, either deal with it or just order stuff online from now on. How do you expect OP to do the exchange over the phone? They usually physically need the exact item to make the exchange. Especially to check if the product is damaged or faulty in anyway because of the customer's usage. Customers often do that, they try to exchange broken items that are only broken because they mishandled them. If OP tried to do this, it would be skin off their back, because at the very least they'd be disciplined, but most likely they'd be fired.

I had a customer threaten me before because I told him we needed the product to do a warranty exchange. He just wanted me to give him another for free.

That's when you put her on hold while you 'beam it up' and never return to the phone.

atomicxsarah 17

People are idiots. I work in a optical store and had a lady come in demanding her money back for contacts we shipped to her house. Wouldn't be a problem if she had actually brought back the contacts.

I hope she doesn't expect to send you money via PayPal so that you can pay her shipper for the exchanged item when they get there. Darn scans...

"Sorry, no. Company policy." - Hang up. Problem solved.

Yeah. I've had a customer demand a replacement before. She had the receipt and the product which would have been fine. Except the item was from a completely different company. Apparently she couldn't tell the difference between Thrifty foods and WalMart. Here's a hint, if you're in a grocery store, odds are, they don't do refunds on clothing. That's why I work night shift, less people come in so less stupid people to deal with overall.