Don't interrupt me

By Bad Teacher - This FML is from back in 2014 but it's good stuff - Australia - West End

Today, I got sent to the head teacher's office for doing "stupid hand gestures and disrupting the class". Yesterday my teacher had told the class to do the same hand gesture to ask for permission to go to the toilet so it wouldn't interrupt her talking. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 342
You deserved it 3 353

Top comments

Well there's her problem: she made up a hand gesture for peeing. Next time do the universal potty dance while saying "I gotta peeee..." Everyone knows that one.

I think it's time to hand gesture the finger to her.

Comments

How is sitting there quietly with your hand up distracting to begin with?

Next time, interrupt her. If she says no, leave anyway.

Man was I glad that in my high school we could just stand up and go, if we had to go. Not one teacher asked us where we were going, even, if we took all of our stuff with us. We could literally put on our coats, take our bag and leave and no one gave a shit.

martin8337 35

Must have mistaken your hand gestures for gang signs.

This is just part of why I hate the educational system.

Hehe, that reminds me of some of my teachers of my vocational college. I am way over 30 (changing profession in my old days) and yet, some teachers insisted that I should ask if I am allowed to go to the bathroom. Some of them yielded after I've asked what I should do in case they say "No!", the rest caved in after I placed a bed bottle on my table, you know, just in case...

sbarua219 17

Astounding to think that these people get a degree and get paid teach. FYL OP

That's dumb. This is why I like college, you just get up and go.

I don't understand the whole needing to get permission to use the bathroom thing. You should just be able to go as long as it's quietly and you're not goofing around. It always bugged me when teachers told you you couldn't go. How dare they dictate a bodily function like that?