Barking up the wrong tree

By yblamemebiatch - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - Australia - Sydney

Today, I found out a colleague spread lies about me because she somehow thinks I'm to blame for the hot guy at work not wanting to date her. Perhaps she should blame his fiancé. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 705
You deserved it 1 421

Top comments

Take it as a sort of crude compliment... She thinks you're attractive enough for him to notice you over her.

Comments

So I see that my previous comment disappeared and so did my reply to someone's reply to it. I don't know if it's a glitch in the app or what but I'm posting again. "Looking at my previous comment, I realize I could have phrased it much better than I did, and I apologize if anyone is confused. I understand some people will feel strongly about my opinion and that's fine. That's what opinions are. But I really believe that women (just for example) cannot complain about the way they are treated by men (for example) if they don't even stick together. Say if a man cheated on his wife with a younger woman, and he told the younger woman he was going to leave his wife but never did. Who is to blame, truly? The man who cheated or the woman who tempted him? I say the man is to blame, because he had the choice to walk away from the temptation. Understand? Yet more often than not, it seems that the "other" woman is blamed and demonized. I know the fml had nothing to do with feminism (it just made me think of it) but it annoys me that there are still people out there who bring others down and yet so many claim to share a common cause. The way that another person presents themselves has nothing to do with how you should feel about yourself. No one has the right to attempt to slander another person in an attempt to make themselves feel better. You cannot demand respect until you learn to respect others, no matter your own opinions on them."

Maybe you could ask him to subtly drop into a conversation that he's engaged to someone that isn't you?

kitsuneluvuh 12

So out of curiosity, is it that the guy has a fiance, or a fiancee?

Well if he's gay, then he wouldn't want either of you. (Notice fiance in post.)

Jwaye2 7

Why do you assume hes gay? It says OP is from Australia and we don't have gay marriage yet. And although Fiancé is technically for a male Aussies don't really bother with the different spelling unless its in a formal situation.

#45, it was confirmed that the guy is gay and has a fiancé. Also, I'm not sure how it is for you, but as an Aussie myself, the spelling does matter as it refers to the gender of the engaged couple, formal or informal, and is confusing without it being correct

jaredofmo 22

OP bothered to use the proper accent marks but then typoed that word? Not likely. Also, they commented back, confirming they were gay. And stop talking like gay's a bad thing to be already. "Why would you say they were gay?" automatically sounds like you're trying to be defensive.

Why blame the fiancé when she probably doesn't know them, you're right there and so much more convenient? Jeez, next you'll think she should be a rational adult. Or maybe she should not act like a petulant child. Is that what you think? What's the world coming to? Obvious sarcasm, I hope the rumor mill quiets down and you aren't being bothered by her problems any more.

_ravens_ 11

She should blame his fiancé? What gender are they!?!?

jaredofmo 22

The guy is male. His betrothed is also male. Welcome to 2016.

There's only one mature thing to do in a situation like this, steal the bitch's stapler!

Tips on how not to be a tramp make sure the guy is single before making any moves