Adopt, don't shop

By catcraze - 20/05/2013 23:23 - United States - Denver

Today, I got a new cat. It was fine for a couple of hours until it gave birth in my kitchen. The seller claims to have no idea that it was pregnant. Now I have to take care of 7 cats instead of 2. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 934
You deserved it 6 735

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How did YOU not know it was pregnant? Or did you just think you were buying a firmly fat cat?

Comments

an3ph 20

Nothing a burlap sack and a rock can't solve.

If you bought the cat i hope it was a. Pureblood and if daddy was the same you could be in for some money, doubtful though

It's quite possible they didn't know the cat was pregnant, if her nipples never enlarged it would just look like she gained weight. I'm doubting that they bred cats to know what signs to look for. Obviously you didn't the cat from very responsible owners if they let their unspayed cat out. I would get the cat and her kittens to the vet soon to make sure she wasn't sick with anything. Who knows if they bothered to get her shots. Really though, just remember you only need to keep them for 8 weeks and then they're perfectly fine to leave mom.

BFMV1225 7

Let the cat hoarding begin.

Seller? You BOUGHT a cat!? With hundreds of the little furballs in boxes at every supermarket, begging to be taken home, you BOUGHT an ADULT cat that turned out to be preggos? Sorry, but YDI.

You can always give some of the cats away to friends or safe homes.

Drown them in your bath tub and burn the bodies, problem solved

Seller? What kind of cat did you get that required you to pay for it? Most people are willing to just give you one...if on the other hand, it was from an actual pet store....I'd take them to court.

Life_sucks_13 6

Get her spayed when you can

Sucks for me, I'll be looking for a kitten in about eight weeks too..