By jfanous - 01/09/2013 10:40 - United States - Bakersfield

Today, my parents told me that I had been accepted into my top two colleges, but they didn't show me the letters because they were worried that if they spent money on tuition, they wouldn't be able to keep BOTH of their brand new Mercedes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 949
You deserved it 3 584

jfanous tells us more.

haha, yeah i'm the OP. didn't know you need an account to comment...but I just wanted to clear up something. I didn't want my parents to pay, a simple "you got in" would have been nice. I was planning on doing ROTC and letting Uncle Sam handle my tuition.

Top comments

hannahsnyder69 16

That is so selfish. Take a Mercedes and just go.

I can't begin understand how a parent could put something like that above their own child's future, let alone lie about it.

Comments

Damn! Parents can be so selfish sometimes. Similar things happened to be that made me lose faith in anything my parents promised me. I'm now paying for my own studies, even if I'm a bit older now.

Yeah they can spend it how they please but they had absolutely no right to withhold the acceptance letters, especially for a reason as dumb as money. OP could've applied for loans

I don't know who needs two Mercedes, but use one and continue on that great accomplishment!

Gee, I hope not. Additionally I hope that OP's parents are joking/will change their mind. What materialistic parents you have there, Ronald McDonald.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

oh wow. ...hi5 parents...smh Sorry to read that OP...student loans?

Nah, I'm just transferring to one of the schools next year and paying with ROTC benefits

so they want you to live with them because they didn't let you go to college for their selfish desires?

I had to pay my own way in college. They earned their lifestyle now it's time for you to earn yours.

raboof 4

OP is not complaining his parents aren't paying his tuition. OP is complaining they hid his acceptance letters from him.

morganrules123 10

We don't know if they "earned" their lifestyles. It's possible that their parents paid their way through college.

If the letters were addressed to you then it was illegal for them to open them

zrsmith884 1

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

not wrong, its illegal to open someone elses mail.