This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By DogGoneIt - 22/01/2018 11:00 - Australia - Adelaide

Today, my dog became too old to eat dry food. A $9 bag used to last him 3 weeks. The equivalent in the cheapest canned food is $63. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 657
You deserved it 768

Top comments

You can make "gravy" from a 1/4 can of wet food to about 250 ml water, warm it up and pour over the dry. Softens it up and dogs love it.

If he’s anything like the dogs I’ve owned, he has made your life so great for so many years, you should be happy to suck it up and pay a lot to make his remaining time on Earth pleasant.

Comments

triciaphalen 8

you can soften the dry food with broth or water. save yourself money my friend...

canned food is usually garbage and will just give your dog diarrhoea. especially after feeding it just dry food for a long time. you need to invest in your best friend's health. cheap food is probably part of the reaaon he's toothless. you will need to spend more on food or start cooking it your self.

Use water and saturate the dog food, it'll soften it up to where it can basically just be swallowed if you need to use that much. I did that for over a year with one of my dogs before i had to have her put down.

calling bullshit on this one. Plenty of brands cheaper than that to buy in bulk, plus the obvious option of bulk prepping his food. BARF also has a range of raw foods designed for older dogs that costs $22 for 10 days. Sooo...

you can still use the dry, just moisten and break it up for the older dog, we did that with an 18 year of dog. was older than me!

sherbear86 21

What kind of garbage are you feeding for $9!

Eric 4

I had a similar problem and I solved it by getting a cheap blender and turning the food in to a powder. Then you can add water or canned food to it.

You can just put some hot water on the dry food :)

Imthatfirstguy1 7

This is why dental care for our pets is just as important as it is for animals. You would be giving them higher quality food and spending less money if you made your own dog food. Easy for them to eat things like cooked chicken and rice and much cheaper. Just make sure the diet is balanced nutritionally.