By kukumber - 16/09/2015 02:11 - United States

Today, my boyfriend is trying to get me to cut my hair, wear different clothes, apply my makeup differently, and even change my morals and values to match his mother's. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 905
You deserved it 2 721

brocho tells us more.

brocho 26

Hi, this is OP! I can't believe this got posted! Anyway, he has always been a huge mama's boy and thinks that her way is the only way. She is a rather rude and opinionated woman, and has raised him to think that there is only one way to do things, and that's her way. I did talk to him and explain that I am not his mother and that I like myself just as I am and don't plan on changing, and he got pretty upset about it. We are now over, but it doesn't bother me much since this has been an ongoing issue for awhile now, and he just can't accept me for who I am. He was always trying to tell me that I should cut my long hair super short because his mom cut hers that way, and even asked me what I would do if I woke up with short hair, which concerned me. He also told me he and his mom didn't like my choice of clothing so that I should dress like she does, that I should wear my makeup like hers, and that my opinions, morals and values should be exactly the same as his mother's. It was just too much, and he got really upset when I told him no. He even suggested I quit college and my decent-paying job and get a job working with his mom for minimum wage and to draw welfare like her. He also always expected me to drive him everywhere, buy him everything he wanted, and baby him. I think I dodged a bullet, and I feel much better without all of the pressure to change.

Top comments

Ugh! What were his good qualities? Seriously, what attracted you to him? I'm glad you got out, he and his mom can have each other.

Kill his mother, wear her skin and truly become her. Bet he's gonna regret asking you to change.

Comments

It sounds like he's either really controlling or he has a really, really messed up fetish..

I've heard of men being attracted to those who are similar to their mothers but that's ridiculous. Best of luck to you!

Takes the saying,"Every son goes on to marry his mother" to a whole new level!

I think you should sit down with your boyfriend and explain to him what an Oedipus Complex is.

RUN --- run fast, run far........run now!!!!

That's creepy. You really need to talk to your boyfriend.