By Fail. - 20/10/2009 05:43 - Australia

Today, I woke up at 3am after 2 hours sleep to get to my 7.40am interview with the Air Force. I went through a full medical check, a psych test and an interview with military personnel, was there for 7 hours with no food and only water to drink, only to be told I wasn't suited to the position I applied for. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 195
You deserved it 7 490

Hazzaa tells us more.

Woah, okay. Let's go. MEPS - I don't know what the hell this is, but it doesn't exist in Australia. Qualifications - You could have all the qualifications in the world, and still not be suited to a position. It's sad, but it's true. The OP said nothing about qualifications, and pretty sure general entry into the Australian Defence Force only requires you have your High School Certificate. Sleep - Perhaps nerves kept her from getting a good night's sleep. Understandable if this job meant a lot to her. Preparation - Sometimes, no amount of preparation can quell one's nerves, particularly with things of great personal importance. Time - I have had an ADF interview, and on the letter it says the process should take four hours. Also, you have no choice about what time your interview is. Food - The OP obviously believed that it wouldn't take much longer than 4 hours, so didn't feel the need to take any food. When I had mine, there was no food available for interviewees, only tea and coffee. And I, for one, was too worried that I would be called to one of the interviews while I was out if I went to get food somewhere else. OP, FYL.

Top comments

You went to bed at 1am knowing full well the importance of your interview the next day, and presumably the fact that you'd need to wake up exceptionally early? Wow, how I wish someone put you in the cockpit of multimillion dollar aircraft. That's just what we need. YDI

You had to get up at 3 am to get there by 7:40? How far away do you live?

Comments

funny, i'm a piolet my self and read this after my fly in a F/A 18 hornet. its literally crushed me to see someone rejected from the best job. best of luck, navy offers a very intense aircraft and i know piolets are needed.

I seriously hope you're not a pilot. You can't even spell pilot right, and you make yourself sound like an showboat maverick (Top Gun anyone?). I'm going to quote you right here "after my fly in a F/A 18 hornet" You don't sound great, you sound like an ass. Also, it's supposed to be an F/A-18 Hornet. Learn grammar before you try to lie to people.

If you write an FML like thi idk if you're AF material

militarybabe2011 0

atleast your interview was at 730 mine was at 430 .

zebrapattern 6

you've never gone 7 hours without food?

So, just to be clear, you were interviewing for the Air Force, and you're whining that you were tired and hungry after seven hours?

Totally sux...... Reminds me of MEPS totally feel for you

Same thing happened to me but I had more sleep

ChadHelton 8

7 whole hours without food, on two hours sleep? If that bothers you enough to bitch about it here, no wonder you didn't make it.

lol MEPS, idk if that technically counts as interview but close, and if you go again you can get you just have to be able to past the tests, physical check up, unless there is something seriously wrong with you. dont sweat not to many people make it through the first time.