This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By New stay at home mom - 08/02/2019 04:00

Today I tried desperatly to keep my girls quiet while my husband took a nap after working a night shift. He decided to work nights. I have a two year old who wants to play because that's what kids do. He woke up pissed for not sleeping at all and yelling at me for not controlling our kids... FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 259
You deserved it 192

Top comments

I'm nowhere near your situation, therefore I'm not going to attempt giving any form of advice nor blame, OP I'm just wishing the best for you. You are a strong person, you know, keep it up, friend.

sparx1_1 12

My ex used to pull crap like that - one of the many reasons he is my ex. If he cant sleep through the extra noise of toddlers, then he has no business taking a night shift.

Comments

Sorry, I don't think he should have yelled at you but I have sympathy for him as well. Your screen name is "new stay at home mom". He may have taken night shift because it pays more so that you can stay home with the kids. Also, he wasn't taking a nap. He was getting his required rest just as you do at night while he is awake and working. Start scheduling activities with the kids during his normal sleep time. Take them to the park, an indoor playground, arrange play-dates with other moms, etc. Try to have a little sympathy for his situation. Especially if he took the shift to allow you to be able to be a stay at home mom. Many moms would love to be in your shoes, but have to work outside the home because they can't afford to live on one income. It is hard to work a third shift job while everyone around you is living a first shift life. I have done it myself over the years and it is not fun.