By LittleGina - 07/01/2016 17:42 - United States - Asheboro

Today, I saw an elderly woman drop $20 while shopping. Trying to be a good samaritan, I picked it up and tried to hand it back to her. She accused me of stealing it and beat me with her purse. The manager had to fend her off me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 082
You deserved it 1 562

LittleGina tells us more.

OP Here: Hello, let me answer some questions I am seeing and straighten things up a bit. 1. I don't work here, I was a customer, therefore, it was not my manager, just the store's manager. 2. The elderly lady had not seen me walk up to her, I was unable to explain anything before I was being beaten with a purse and called a thief. So, I guess she saw me at the corner of her eye holding a $20 before any words came out of my mouth. I may just simply be giving her excuses, but I honestly think that's what happened. 3. The solution was that she was escorted out immediately, but she did get her $20 back. 4. Will she ever know the real story? I don't know, and frankly I don't care. 5. Don't worry, I still have good intentions, she didn't mess anything up!

Top comments

Aww. Atleast you were right in your intentions OP. :)

Comments

"I stole this from you! Here you go." —No one.

Makes you wonder what the ld lady would have done if OP had tried to return a $100 note. Why is Dirty Harry coming to mind?

There needs to be an old people category

erase_my_ears, how do you define old people, what is the age spread of that. When I was 15, 30 yrs old seemed old. When I was 30, 50 seemed really old. It is like that!

Basically whenever the author of an FML describes the person causing the FML situation as an "old man/woman"

robox1187 9

Should have just pointed it out to her that she dropped her money, instead of picking it up and handing it to her..

ThePandoricaOpen 18

If you'll read OP's explanation above, you'll notice that they tried, but didn't have enough time to do so.

DenBriZel 31

Damned if you do, Damned if you don't..

At least you were trying to be a good neighbor......I even heard of a guy who went so far as to find the owner of a dollar he found on the ground.

Kind soul OP, there should be video cameras to provide proof

We need more honest people like you anybody else would have pocketed it

Yes, because that's precisely what every good thief does: takes the money undetected, then hands it back just to prove they can do it. :-/ FYL OP!