This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Anonymous - 13/10/2017 17:15 - Australia

Today, I learnt that my 2-year-old half brother is going to a private school while my brother and I go to a public school. My stepmom said it's for the best because "he's way smarter than you two are". FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 852
You deserved it 280

Comments

Don’t feel bad — if he is 2 years old and in school, he must be a genius!

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20
exileonmainst 16

"We don't need no education.."

Zachary8261 28

The level of favoritism disgusts me.

While this does suck, a lot of it could have to do with her financial situation. If you're father didn't have the money to send you to a private school, but she has the money to send her kid, then it makes sense.

Well I clearly didn't go to a private school or they might have taught me to proof read. Oops.

If that was true, she wouldn’t have said it the way she did. She didn’t need to insult her stepkids.

We are only hearing one, very biased, side here. I was in a similar situation where my mother couldn't send me to a private school, but my sister's grandparents could afford to send her. My mother did turn down their offer (public schools in Australia are pretty good), but I didn't really care since I understood the situation. Some people are just born luckier than others. Maybe the father will do the same with her step brother

Private schools are overrated. I know people whose kids attend public school and others who attend private school, and at the end of the day, it does not mean much once you are in university. Yes, you learn more material and whatnot in private school, but once university hits, everyone will be at the same level, and if in the first year, it will be no difference starting in second year. I have a family friend who took their son out of private so that his younger sister can go instead. She was quiet and strange back then, but then came high school and she went to a public one. She is so much happier and sociable now. At the end of the day, it depends on the student. Some excel better in private while others excel better in public.

Eh, you might get some contacts that help you in later life.

Notmymonkeysnotmycircus 16

Don’t worry! Not everyone can be a genius, your stepmother is a perfect example, I mean without people with her apparent IQ we wouldn’t have these wonderful little stories!

joeyl2008 29

That's messed up that she said that to you but what public school would take a 2 and a half year old?