By Dreamcatcher1229 - 04/09/2013 07:23 - United States - Long Beach

Today, I got my wedding photos back from my sister, a "professional" photographer who offered to do our wedding as a gift. It turns out that not only did she not catch most of the ceremony or reception, but all of the outdoor photos feature a large garbage bag in the background. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 636
You deserved it 5 110

Dreamcatcher1229 tells us more.

That's fair. The back story is that I said yes to her offer because her other work is actually quite good. Her other wedding photos for previous instances looked beautiful, and that's how I assumed mine would turn out. I take responsibility, my husband and I shouldn't have assumed anything. I found out after the wedding that she doesn't like him much to begin with, soooooo I guess putting two and two together I can reasonably say that her distaste has something to do with the shotty and neglectful work. To answer a previous question here, forgive me for not answering the asker directly, the shots we ened up with for the ceremony itself were one of the first kiss, one of our intro as a married couple, and several blurred shots of mostly the audience with a hint of ceremony at the background. She did get my brother walking me down, but not of the beidesmaids and groomsmen. And mind you, she and I DID discuss in advance what events and who in the party we wanted pictured, as well as my request to catch as much of the reception as possible. We had a lot of friends and family travel from far away, and I had asked for more pictures of everyone together, mingling, and enjoying themselves. And thank you to whomever suggested we retouch some of the pictures, we've actually been working on that project and it's going well so far. So all in all I'd like to say that while I was disappointed in the outcome and the sad realization that my sister and I don't have the best of relationships, My husband and I are happy regardless and, thanks to other guests, still ended up with some good pictures. Also, a friend filmed the ceremony itself from beginning to end, so we're going to try to get some stills from that. This is a good lesson in perspective, I guess. Yeah, the situation ended in an FML for one particular detail, albeit an important one, but hey, at least my husband didn't bail out at the altar, or I didn't throw up or something. :-P Okay, sorry for that novel. lol Carry on!

Top comments

Your sister is still a bitch for low balling you like that

She doesn't have to like your husband but that doesn't give her the right to screw you over on your wedding day. That was really childish of her to do that.

Comments

Sounds like you'll be needing a professional photoshopper.

Your sister is still a bitch for low balling you like that

Aww, that sucks. Luckily you still have the memories and not all of the photos were bad!

I work for a wedding photographer. I can take a look at your pics and tell you if out can be fixed in Photoshop. Usually, its not a big deal to fix

She doesn't have to like your husband but that doesn't give her the right to screw you over on your wedding day. That was really childish of her to do that.

nightmare314 10

Your sister gotta a wild Garbodor on camera, that's awesome.

Why is their a garbage photo in every shot?

It was in the background of bridal party and family pictures. We had an outdoor wedding and chose a background with a lot of trees and some mountains. I don't know how the garbage bag got there; I was pretty preoccupied by that point. Hope that answers your question. :)

mookiemookie01 24

Photoshop will work wonders, trust me. I've been getting rid of random rubbish bags and stuff for years. You won't even know it was there to begin with. At least the other people in the photos weren't the problem. I was the maid of honour in my friends wedding. I actually made a small book of "How to ruin wedding photos". I was awkward because it was the first time I'd worn a dress in 16 years (I hate dresses), but that was no excuse for being the only one in nearly every photo to look so weird. She ended up photoshopping heads from other photos to try and get one that looked normal. But on the plus side, when she's having a bad day, she looks back on them and it makes her laugh!

1st- congrats on getting married! 2nd- It really suck about what she did instead of being an adult she chose one of the most childish way to let you know that she didn't like your husband. I hope your sister changes her mind about him.

TheCaramelKing 11

Go to her house, look her directly in the eyes, and shit all over her carpet/couch, use her hand towels as toilet paper, walk to your car, drive into the sunset.