By neonstarr - 30/10/2013 10:41 - New Zealand

Today, I could think of more 'pros' than 'cons' for why I should start drinking again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 202
You deserved it 7 145

neonstarr tells us more.

Op here. Surprised this got posted. Sorry to burst some the bubbles but I'm not an alcoholic, I stopped drinking because of medical reasons, turns out I have gluten intolerance which caused damage to my gut, and by association killed my stomach lining and throat. Wasn't pleasant. Also I'm a chick. And since I'm better, I was weighing out pros and cons at 330am. If I ever do have a drinking problem Ill use some of the advice :)

Top comments

Rainhawk94 27

Did you take a shot for every pro?

There may be more pros, but maybe the cons outweigh the pros?

Comments

Reminds me of my friends in high school. Every weekend they would say "I am never drinking again, ever." Yet the next weekend they always ended up drunk.

Maybe take a drink every other day...just don't go overboard...

mayeb you should research alcoholism. alcoholics cant have just one or two drinks, they cant control themselves. if youre gonna give shitty stupid advice then,dont give any at all

dont do it! stay strong and try to remember why you quit before. drinking destroys your body, and could destroy your life. try to find help

I will be thumbed-down for this, but: -You can get alcohol poisoning -You can choke to death on your own vomit, and even if you're rushed to emergency the doctors will have trouble inserting a tube down your throat to save you because your airway is blocked with puke. Ick. -You could get an STD, pregnant or someone else pregnant -You could get in a car and kill someone. Duh... -You could get arrested because drunk driving is INCREDIBLY illegal as well as INCREDIBLY stupid. - It's only a temporary escape from your other problems -You could get fired for being too drunk or hungover to work -You could get kicked out of school for same reasons -If you're pregnant, it will harm your baby. Not may. WILL. -It will make your family and people you care about around you miserable. -Spending all your money on booze instead of things you actually need, like food and shelter. - Waking up in a drunk tank -liver disease, brain damage, turning into a living corpse. -Contrary to what the TV ads want you to think, alcohol is dehydrating and drinking it if you're suffering from heat stroke it can end up killing you. -Many other crimes, if not most, are committed under the influence of booze, not just DUI. -If you drink so much remember anything the morning after, what was the point? -Because too many people believe in the "rock bottom" rule, many alcoholics die or ruin their lives forever before they even hit rock bottom. -Waking up with a hideous and/or inappropriate tattoo on your body. -You could get long, annoying lectures from preachy, prudish teetotalers like me. :) And now for the cons... ha kidding. I can't think of any pros.

I dont understand why thumbs down? I am battling with alcohol addiction myself and reading through the abive post made me realize some pros I havent think of for a while. of course not all of them apply to me but the fact the author went through effort to help deserves nothing but thumbs up!

i agree with everything you said. all the people making jokes about this FML are pissing me off. alcohol addiction is a serious disease, i bet all you assholes wouldnt be laughing if the person had written they were dying of cancer. you can die from alcohol abuse too. grow the **** up people and do some research about alcohol abuse

I just thought of another con: If the police arrest you for DUI, the video your epic failing at their sobriety test could end up viral on the Internet.

If you have to make a pros and cons list on whether or not to start drinking again, I'm gonna say that you should probably stick to not drinking!

You've got to fight it, if you really want to keep from drinking again. Certainly isn't easy.

JCal585 8

Sounds to me like you are looking for an excuse to drink.