This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

Clerks 3: Randall the Pharmacist

By Reliable - 08/03/2017 22:00

Today, it was my first time opening the store alone. My alarm didn't go off and my phone died during the night. I was an hour late and people were waiting outside. My store happens to also be the only pharmacy in town. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 680
You deserved it 1 936

Top comments

jcash52426 5

You have no one to blame but yourself you should have been more responsible.

I hope you get fired. If you were opening by yourself, you really should've plugged in your phone.

Comments

I hope you get fired. If you were opening by yourself, you really should've plugged in your phone.

You're acting as if OP did this deliberately, there have been times when people have plugged in their phones during the night only to wake up and see that the plug wasn't in all the way. People make mistakes

If your phone is that close to dying you really should double check to be sure that it's charging before you go to bed.

Geez...way to kick him when he's down. It sounds like he sets a seperate alarm AND his phone died. I've set my alarm for PM instead of AM before and had to rush out the door to avoid being late... it's called a brain fart...Have a heart.

Hope you get fired for something out of your control as well.

jcash52426 5

You have no one to blame but yourself you should have been more responsible.

I'm sure he's kicking himself enough without your help Captain Obvious.

I think some of these comments are pretty harsh. we are all human and we all make mistakes. it is horrible that OP works in a job where mistakes could have big consequences. I hope it worked out OP and no one urgently needed medication. hopefully now you'll take big steps to ensure it doesn't happen again.take care OP.

The "and" suggests that the normal alarm didn't go off and the extra alarm on the phone also failed because it died during the night, which makes it a little more understandable to me.

That's on you, but my co-worker has done this at least twice and she's still with the company. Its not a big deal unless your managers are super mega assholes.

This is legit my worst nightmare. When I open the pharmacy I set 10 alarms and make sure my phone is charged.

linnie_wesker 20

You deserve it for being another brainless sheep that relies on your phone for EVERYTHING. Get a damn alarm clock, it's not that hard to figure out.

Completely missed the part where I wrote "my alarm AND my phone. Reading must be hard for you. My alarm clock didn't go off because of a power outage during the night. Phone is my backup, which died despite having 60% battery when I went to bed.

perhaps..you should charge your phone overnight

Can I ask why it mattered that his alarm didnt go off when his phone was dead? Seems like a weird order to put it in haha

Because they are two different things. My alarm is my alarm clock. My phone is my back up alarm.