Welcome back!

By Flooded - This FML is from back in 2010 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I was looking forward to coming home to a freshly-cooked meal. Coming home to a cowering dog, two inches of water on the floor, and being handed a mop is just as good, I guess. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 556
You deserved it 3 630

Top comments

Kylias 6

No, the dog handed her the mop.

You're a ******* idiot. 1. You didn't even God damn read the gender of the poster. 2. Just because the OP was expecting a meal THIS ONE DAY, you presume that she makes her husband make dinner EVERY DAY. This would be just as dumb the other way round. 3. In fact, YOU are the sexist for *quote* "Why couldnt you come come home expecting to have a wife sitting on the couch drinking a beer and watching the game while you cooked her a meal for once?" This is generalizing. You just said every single guy acts like that. Why? Oh, because the OP was expecting a meal this once. THIS ONCE. You're basically saying that if the woman cooks a meal for the man once, she has sworn a freaking oath to cook for him every God damn day. So, to sum it up, three obvious signs of stupidity in your post: Generalizing, sexism, and hypocrisy. Have a horrible life, idiot.

Comments

Way to practice what you preach, and then proceed to add in your little offhand, much-asked-for two cents. Just saying.

Successful troll. 8.5/10. Would read replies again.

Going back to the original reason this entire conversation got into sexism etc. sure, in terms of children, women have a specific role for the first year or so (and birth obviously) that much is true. Where children aren't involved however, i was raised with the universally CORRECT opinion of recent (slightly more intelligent) times that, man or woman-the more time you spend at home, the more housework you do. A woman returning home from full-time work to a man that's been at home all day NOT looking after a child and doing housework, has every right to expect a cooked meal. The same applies to whether it's the man working full-time. One person does more work for money, so the other has to do more at home, so all the complete scum of men (i'm male btw and you're a disgrace to my sex) who assume woman are only there for food and sex, shut up. The same applies to all the high maintenance, crazy feminists out there, if it turns out that a man happens to be working full-time, dont expect to be able to sit at home all day and call it sexist if he doesn't also cook you a meal when he gets in.

I'd be the first to get pissed off if this was a real sexist comment, but I've got to say it seems to me that she was probably just given the mop to help out clear up the water... he would have to be insanely stupid and lazy person to have hung around in a house with 2 inches of water in and have done nothing anyway so I think we can probably give the benefit of the doubt here and say he was also trying to clean up!!

really? 2 inches? I hope you have flood insurance.

Uhm I was born and raised in Texas and no. We are not all rednecks. My husband serves in the military so you have the freedom to express your incredibly ignorant comments and he's also a Texan. There's absolutely nothing wrong with being southern. It's something to be proud of. I'd take being southern over being a rude ill-mannered Yankee any day of the week.

you guys are idiots. obvioulsly she came home to a broken pipe and instead being able to have supper she was needed to help clean up the mess. what was he supposed to do it all...

Ive been married 17 yrs and other than giving birth to my son, my husband and i are completly equal..if i work he cooks and cleans, when hes i working and im on days off i cook and clean ...