By juno_op - 11/02/2013 18:17 - United Kingdom - Birmingham

Today, I found out I'm pregnant. It's okay, I know who the father is: my ex-boyfriend, who moved to Japan last week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 056
You deserved it 12 026

juno_op tells us more.

Hiii, I'm the OP. thanks for all the lovely comments, although there's a few that aren't very nice. I'm 24 btw, not 16, and I did use birth control, but you do know it's only 99% safe, right? These things can sadly happen. And we broke up because he was going.

Top comments

Some how he figured it out before you did and he got the heck out of dodge!

unknown_user5566 26

I hope for your baby's sake that you two broke up on good terms, and that it wasn't a really rough split. If you choose to have your baby your ex can still help you provide for him/her, it just won't be as simple since he's in another country. Good luck, OP. Definitely a tough situation.

Comments

At this point, you can ask him for a tiny bit of money, but it'll be hard. Sorry, OP :

dontpanic_fml 32

And what is the reason for the father of the child only being responsible for providing a tiny bit of money?

33- Oh, I really didn't mean for it to come off that way :O I was just saying that she needs to ask for money because it doesn't sound like she's in a great position!! Original intention= sympathy What it came off as= assfuck ignoramus Sorry!!

tj5810 21

It will be okay. I'm sure it's stressful right now but try to relax. Attempt to reach him and take it from there. What's done is done so try to make the best out of it. You never know what will happen. Distance might've made the heart grow fonder. Best of luck to you all and congratulations!

septemberpeaches 8

Well I wish you the best of luck

I think that was a great comment actually...I got tired of all the "GET CHILD SUPPORT!" comments. It feels like everyone is against ops bf just because he moved...That's just the way it feels to me.

tjv3 10

Good luck op I wish you the best. # 17 awesome tatts

aw OP it's okay, you can do this<3 having a child is such a beautiful thing and the love you'll have for your baby will more than outweigh the trouble you feel right now. Everything will work out how it should.

No one wants this kind of sunshine blown up their ass at a time like this. The comment is totally true, though. Gratz and condolences both, OP.

SpikeyKitten 5

Oh my. :/ I know how you feel. Same thing is happening to me. Except my ex boyfriend isn't moving that far away. But he did mention he never wants to see me ever again.

Yeah, me too. Except I'm a guy and my girlfriend isn't pregnant yet. And we didn't break up. But if I moved to Japan it would be very similar!

Well damn that's rotten timing between everything. Hopefully you'll be able to get in contact with him, if for no other reason than to just tell him.

And the penis fly trap loses grip of its victim! Seriously though, do not get back together for the child! It will just do more harm and for longer no matter what.

That sucks but u deserve it for not wearing protection

Um how do you know they didn't use protection...?

Everyone who consents to sex takes risks. If you gave your virginity to your spouse, gratz to you. Everyone else is either in OP's boat or just got lucky.

43: Actually I'd argue that (for me, at least) losing my virginity to the person I married would be a bad idea. I'm in a serious relationship at the moment and the way that happened was that I decided I was sick of dating and I'd had enough of seeing what it's like with different people. Not to mention I liked this guy since sixth form. But that's beside the point. If I'd never had sex before him, I know pretty much for a fact that I'd be wondering whether it's different with different people even though I'd never in a million years act on it. In my opinion any culture that makes sex shameful or something which has to adhere to guidelines such as "Never before marriage" is simply increasing the likelihood of risky, ill-informed sex. If it's taboo and people feel ashamed about doing it, they won't ask about it and therefore won't know what they're doing. Sorry. Off my soapbox now.

You do know that there is no 100% effective form of birth control right? There are women out there who have gotten pregnant while correctly using a condom and the pill.

perdix 29

I think you're turning Japanese I think you're turning Japanese I really think so.