By easteryegg - 06/04/2013 00:13 - United States - Rensselaer

Today, at the store, I noticed a girl eyeing a chocolate bunny. Her mom refused to buy it, saying they didn't have enough money. She started crying, so I decided to make her day and offered to buy it for her. Her mom reacted by slapping me across the face and calling me a "pedo." FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 692
You deserved it 8 600

easteryegg tells us more.

easteryegg 8

Op, here. I'm fifteen years old and am absolutely not a pedo. I am a boy and thought that I was doing something good for the girl. All of the comments about healthy eating habits are not true, the woman was buying a lot of candy, but wouldn't let the girl have the rabbit. Idk why, she reminded me of my little cousin and I decided to buy it for her. The mother did keep the rabbit, though, so I don't know why she lashed out at me :/

Top comments

stevenJB 25

Why're complete douche bags becoming parents?!

Oh my god, some people don't know what being kind, and considerate is.

Comments

That's not how you do it, OP. Pay the children a little cash to climb up a tree!

I would have said thanks but no thanks, too. As a parent you often say that for them not to argue... When they're already cranky and tired snd really don't need chocolate!!

It might seem like a nice gesture but imagine how embarrassed the mum might have been feeling. She shouldn't of slapped you or called you what she did. But it's a little weird, and highly embarrassing for the mother. The mum probably doesn't want her daughter thinking she is a. Cheap or b. poor. Sorry OP, you didn't deserve it but I think your motives were a little skewed.

Yeah, that was a nice gesture, and a total over reaction, but she obviously just told the kid that to shut her up. Maybe she could have just told the kid the truth. I said no and I am your mother. End of conversation.

Wouldn't that be classified as assault?

I'd love to know what was your reaction OP

Nice thought, however if a mother says no, it's no. I would be irritated if a 15 year old, or any person for that matter, told my child they could have something when I already gave an answer. Her response sounds ridiculous though!

TheyCallMeDamien 17

Never offer to buy a kid candy especially if the parent says no. It doesn't matter the reason why just don't buy it. Sometimes parents say no but have the money they just don't want the kid eating candy for whatever reason. When you buy someone else's kid candy in that situation the parent will either think you're undermining them or suspect you're up to something in today's world. You meant no harm but in the future don't do that. She was wrong for striking you.

RKD 23

Mother might've had a legit reason, but a MAJORLY douche move on her part,,,I had to deal with idiots like that working at Wal-mart,,,,not everybody that goes to WM is but a lot of them were/are!