By lax52389 - 09/11/2013 23:45 - United States - Staunton

Today, after working all week on a group project, I realized I forgot to submit the assignment and missed the deadline. I now have to tell my group that we automatically failed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 894
You deserved it 53 708

lax52389 tells us more.

FYI it was an honest mistake and the paper was only turned in 8 minutes late...after some frantic talks with my teacher she agreed not to penalize my group and just deduct points from me. Lesson learned!!

Top comments

graceinsheepwear 33

Through what stroke of genius did the group put you in charge of the final submission?

Comments

"Today, I found out I flunked a group project that four other people and I had worked all week on. Why? The idiot leading our group forgot to turn it in on time. FML"

They're just as idiotic if they didn't make sure he turned it in on time.

You didn't fail your group project. You failed your group. **** Their Lives.

I would probably make this same mistake. the internet is distracting.

Most people have enough self-control to not get that caught up.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

#14: I'm glad I'll probably never be in a group project with you!

OP is going to be the partner their group warns others about for the next few years.

wow that's a huge mistake if I was in your group I would be pissed all that work for nothing, step into my office because your freaking fired.

I would not normally suggest you lie but blame technology. This affects not only your grades but the results of others and you should do what you can to sort your mess out.

If I were you I would've put an alarm on my phone or something to remind myself, just in case.

Oops. I guess we all make mistakes sometimes; it's what makes us human (or dog)!

If you think you are a dog I suggest you say hello to a psychiatrist.

What the hell how do you forget to summit it after woking on it all week? That's like saying I was in the kitchen cooking all day and we forgot to eat the food.

I know we all are not perfect and make mistakes but this will be a good lesson for you to always double check due dates and set yourself a reminder if you are forgetful, especially with a group project you're in charge of.