By denaeb123 - 22/02/2015 04:34 - United States - Middleton

Today, after swallowing my birth control pill, I threw up all over myself. I then had to search through my puke to find my birth control pill and attempt to re-take it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 185
You deserved it 6 427

denaeb123 tells us more.

Hey, Im the OP. It is extremely important that you take the pills in order and you CANNOT skip a pill! If you do your hormones can get all wacky and if youre sexually active, you can get pregnant. You only have a set amount of pills in the pack and they dont give any extras.

Top comments

As a male, I can't claim I know a whole lot about birth control pills... but is it really that detrimental to the cycle to just grab a new pill?

You didn't think to maybe take the next pill in the pack instead?

Comments

I'm on the pill and sexually active, and I hardly take my pill "the same time every day" and I do often miss a day here and there. It's really not a big deal, especially for someone like OP who isn't sexually active. Digging through vomit was definitely not necessary in any regard.

Kettle_2 7

Actually I once stopped my pills one day early and it messed up my cycle really bad and I had super bad cramps. So taking every pill is really important

Astrum14 24

So, uh... Apparently women aren't allowed to throw up unless they're pregnant? "You're puking?! Must be pregnant!" Real life is not like movies. You don't puke a couple times to signal that you're pregnant - and sometimes you can even puke when you're not pregnant - and then stop having morning sickness.

Obviously gods telling you no birth control because it's against the bible

RockRoyalty92 12

Judging by your comments, you are misreading your directions or taking a very strange form of birth control. I have taken many different brands of the pill and spoken to many doctors. In cases such as these, you let that pill be lost and take the next in the pack. The first three weeks of pills are the same medication makeup, so moving on to the next pill would not have had any negative impact whatsoever. Even if it was the last pill before your placebo week, you should still have been able to move on because you shouldn't be waiting until you're out to get your next month. What you did was wholly unnecessary, and disgusting.

youre obviously not a doctor and probably shouldnt tell me what i should and should not do. My birth control tells me to double up, and has different hormone levels in each one. if you are a doctor, than i feel bad for you patients. if you arent one, then please stop commenting telling me im disgusting. my "puke" was just water and i didnt give much thought into what i was doing i just quickly re-took it. get over it

RockRoyalty92 12

First, i didn't mean to post twice. My first never appeared until this was already here. Second, that makes absolutely no sense. Any health professional would NEVER tell you to double up on a medication that has different dosages on each pill. That is very dangerous because they have no idea which ones you are taking together. Your body is never meant to handle that much hormones and body changing medication. I strongly suggest you switch pills if this is what your instructions instruct you to do. Third, it really doesn't matter what your vomit consisted of because you vomited BECAUSE your body needed to rid itself of something. You just ingested whatever that was, again. Even if it was a little bit.

you are an idiot. plain and simple. stop commenting on my post i really dont care what you have to say

That is why you always have a spare back up pack. If you lose or drop one take one from the spare pack so you don't mix up days. I thought this was just what most people did and not search through vomit.

I miss mine a day or 2 and I never got pregnant. I don't even take them at the same time everyday. There's been times where I dropped them on the floor and couldn't find them, Id skip it.

I'm surprised you went through with taking the same pill instead of taking the next pill in line.

lastunusedname 11

This is why i enjoy being male.