Smell you later

By razzipost1 - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - Canada

Today, I came home from work to my basement flooding. With sewage. That wasn't from our house. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 539
You deserved it 2 098

Top comments

Shelbyvillain 0

Would it have been better if the sewage was your own? At least you don't have to fix your sewage tank on top of doing a massive clean up... Sucks to be you..

Gesq1 0

Your own personal sewage? Meh. I have hand sanitizer. It might be nice to see old friends. Other peoples' sewage? ******* DISGUSTING!

Comments

If you're on a public sewer, the city is required to pay for everything. You move into a hotel until it is finished. It happened to my entire block 2 years ago and we all moved out while the city contracted people to come in and gut our basements and refinish them. It was kind of sweet looking back now. At the time, it was naaassty.

3rdReject 0

yeah send your neighbors the bill. good luck identifying whose shit and pee it is

Well, they somehow know it isn't theirs, so that kind of leads to they know it's someone else whose waste it is and can therefore get it cleaned appropriately. If it is in the city, then it's theirs as well, but the city is required to take care of it like #14 said.

This happened once in a place I was renting where the garden flooded with sewage due to a blocked pipe and the garden being at the bottom of a hill. Worse than the floaters I think was the used tampons from the lady who lived there 3 months before we moved in and been fermenting in the pipe along with all our shit!!

Yeah well...if you didnt leave your house you'd be wallowing in that sewage. Then we'd have to read YOUR FML.

SchitzoFRIENDic 0

So quick question: exactly how full of shit are the people who live around you? According to this FML, you'd be the one to know :) oh and FYL. Yuck!

boatkicker 4

Ugh. so awful. Some guy hired my dad to fix the plumbing in one the houses he owned (and rented out) my dad went to their basement and saw all the raw sewage. The owner wouldn't drain the waste out of the basement til the pipe was fixed, cause they didn't want to have to clean it up twice. Was pretty nasty, from what I hear. Wearing a hazmat suit and standing on a pile cinder blocks so that you're only standing in crap up to your ankles instead of your knees. ick. OP: I'm sorry. That's all. Just I'm sorry that you have to deal with that.

I am not sure it matters where the sewage came from. It's sewage. That's the part that matters.

Brooklynxman 0

At my old house we used to have a hundred gallon pit for when it overflowed. It was in the basement, so by the time we realized it had ****** up, it was halfway full. It. Was. Disgusting.

Mitz_fml 4

Would it have been better if it had been your own sewage?