Screeching

By sdd - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - Switzerland - Lotzwil

Today, I was chatting with my choir leader. I told him that I have been thinking about taking singing lessons. His immediate reaction was, "Thank God, finally!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 797
You deserved it 6 853

Top comments

You must not have The Voice you thought you did. But still, that comment would take my Glee away, keep practicing until you're Pitch Perfect!

Comments

He might have thought you had a lot of potential and was happy you finally decided to train

Screw him, if you feel confident about something go for it. Don't let what others say bother you

In performances talent is usually needed and unfortunately some people just aren't cut out to sing. If the leader thought she was that bad it seems pretty nice of him to keep her in the choir, but being so blunt about it was pretty jerky. Though she should certainly not dwell on what other people say, she should be realistic about her capabilities.

perdix 29

You'd think a choir director would capitalize the 'G' in God. Are you sure you heard him say a lower-case 'g?'

Maybe he thought that your voice had amazing potential and that he knew individual coaching could make it absolutely stunning!

My teacher pulled me aside one day in class and quietly suggested I lip sync instead of singing aloud with the rest of the class when we perform.

That sucks, but at least he was honest though. Practice :)

If you look up Eric Arceneaux's YouTube videos - he is a GREAT vocal instructor. I've used his videos myself, actually. This is not meant to be an ad. I just thought I'd offer my advice because I really do believe in his way of teaching voice.

Take singing lessons after joining choir? I don't get it.

Why did I imagine a stereotypical gay guy saying this? Like the weird ones in cartoons with the green scarf thing and purple shirt....