Looking for love in Alderaan places

By not4geeks - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I went out on a first date with a cute guy. Turns out we won't be going on a date again because I didn't know the difference between "Star Wars" and "Star Trek." FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 701
You deserved it 73 998

Top comments

How do you not know the difference? YDI. I'm a girl, and I'd dump you for that. It's proof positive that your interests clash.

lookitsnatash 0

Guess the Force wasn't with you

Comments

Seti_fml 0

#4 i believe it was the guy in the FML that dodged the bullet there. I mean who doesn't know the difference between the two? It's common knowledge.

It wouldn't be enough for me to want to dump you... but that nonetheless makes you a major dumbass. YDI.

YDI... For dating such a geek. But srsly... How can you not know??

"Trekker" or "trekkie" for a star trek fan ;) YDI, i'm a girl, i'm not a fan of star wars not star trek (which i never watched), but i know the difference with the series "were they wear pijamas and there's that guy with elf ears" and the series "were they do "zoooomm" sounds with light sabers with awesome classic music.. and that hairy guy" (I know more than i just said, don't worry, it's just a simply point of view)

Shame on you LOL You have to atleast watch a Star Wars film now though, not 'The Clone Wars' though, that sucked ass. (Y)

kiit23 0

Honestly? Not really a fml. You guys clearly weren't compatible, so its not really BAD that you wont be going on another date. But how do you not know the difference...?

He's stupid. Dont worry about it, lol. .. geeks are nice though

aces_high 0

So I will first start with I am not really a geek. I mean, I do cheerleading and everything and I don't play WOW but I know the difference between Star War and Star Trek. They are completely different things and anyone who dosen't know that is ******* retarded. I mean, it is common sense. I would be super turned off if a guy I was into didn't know the difference. #28: I just wanted you to know that the captain's name in Voyager was Captain Janeway. #39 you are awesome. Star Wars is amazing, but Star Trek is just as cool, And BTW the Star Trek movie is ******* great.. Oh and,(the geek in me is escaping) I just wanted everyone to know that LEFT 4 DEAD is the best game.. Ever.

grazynaanka 0

Whether or not she knows the difference or not. I still think that is a stupid reason to basically dump a girl. Maybe he could have explained it to her instead of being a jerk. And who knows maybe she could have gotten into either of those. #50 I totally agree. The Star Trek movie is awesome. I give the Vulcan Salute all the time. Lol. Left 4 Dead is amazing. I own it. I guess you could call me a zombie nerd.

_afterthought 0

Really? Are you also one of the girls that think Star Trek is pronounced Star Track?