Good boy

By anonymous - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - United States - Knoxville

Today, my fiancé threatened to break up with me if our dog couldn't be the best man at our wedding. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 115
You deserved it 7 214

Top comments

Comments

Well it's best that you break up over something completely stupid now rather than after the wedding.

lilybadilly25 15

Maybe compromise? I've always planned to have my female dog be the flower girl and the male be the ring bearer. That way they're still in the wedding, but they don't have to plan anything, hand you anything, etc. And carrying a pillow down the aisle is pretty easy to train. :) Now sitting politely at the alter for the rest of the ceremony.. That's a bit more challenging.

Dogs as ring bearers is so cute. You should probably have someone that can escort them out of the ceremony and watch them while the ceremony goes on rather than have them try and sit through the whole thing. Ceremonies are usually long and it would probably be a pain for them to sit through. Plus, it would really suck if they had to relieve themselves or went to mark somewhere on the stage. But I love the idea of them walking down the isle. If you had an outdoor wedding you could have a bone or some treats set up and they could sit there and do that, and then you don't have to worry about them peeing or pooping on anything other than grass.

ViviMage 38
thatonetribute 31

You sound exactly like my sister and her fiancé, except she wants the dog to be the ringbearer. God help us all.

I don't see the problem with that. Dogs are a man's best friend.

My wife and I had our dogs in our wedding. Only issue was our male was nervous and had gas!

Nothing could ever go wrong with that plan... Looking forward to the resulting FML

Sathane 21

If you want to practice the ritual of marriage then, traditionally, the Best Man is the groom's choice. You have no say in it. If he wants it to be his dog, let him. If he decides to break it off, I fully support that. Not only is marriage a total crock but if you're going to go into it being a control freak then he's better off without you. it's his "day" too.

I'll just ignore the "marriage is crock" issue. But marriage is all about compromise and considering your spouses feelings. For instance, if her fiancé wanted to have an ex that was still in love with him as his best man, then that's not ok and she should be able to explain her feelings on the issue and he should be respectful of that. I agree that it's his day too, and if he feels this seriously about it, then they need to come to a compromise. Maybe have a (human) best man walk the dog down the isle. But marriage is about compromise. He should be taking her feelings on the issue into account, the same way she should be taking his into account.

Tennessee, huh? I'm guessing it's a bluetick coonhound.