Cheap

By dimtsis - This FML is from back in 2010 but it's good stuff - Australia

Today, I had to go to counselling as my mother thinks I have an eating disorder. All because I didn't want to eat the crap supermarket lasagna she bought for $2. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 154
You deserved it 4 238

Top comments

suck it up and eat it or buy ur own food

If your mom bought the lasagna to save money, paying for counselling due to a single event like passing up dinner is a bit of a stretch. Unless your mom has completely lost it, there must've been something going on sometime before for her to come to the conclusion that you have an eating disorder.

Comments

SaraLovesMyChem 0

Me and a couple of my friends were talking about things like this last night. O.o

But how can he be pedantic if he can't say anything? :P

muffinkitty 15

:0 my mom did almost the same thing. only, it was cuz I had the stomach flu and didn't wanna eat. when I told her I wasn't she accused me of being in denial

XYZzzzzzzz 0

Cheer up, Debby Downer. For someone who doesn't care what anyone else thinks, you sure are putting a lot of effort into broadcasting your "Screw you" attitude. If you don't care, why even respond?

that sucks, trust me my mom thinks i have an eating disorder cause i wont eat tofu, and that stuff is just nasty.

wow, your really complaining? at least your mom is able to provide a meal for you, stop being so ungrateful! Not to mention you have a mom that cares enough about your well being to try and understand your problem and get you help, whether or not it's true.

BBoureaux 8

I don't really think that I would file "telling your child they must go to counseling and that they have an eating disorder because they didn't eat one meal" under "trying to understand their problem." If OP's mother can readily afford counseling, she sounds like she can afford to shed a couple more dollars on food.

dickster 0

Don't use "as" to conjoin two thoughts or explain the question "why." It's not good English. Because would have sufficed.

Rhere is people in my home country Kenya and the rest if the 3rd world countires that would kill for that food. I would still be doing shit like that if I was still there!