By iAlissa - 13/03/2015 18:36 - United States - San Francisco

Today, after weeks of oral pain and hundreds of dollars in dentistry fees, we found the culprit: a popcorn kernel that floss was unable to remove. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 928
You deserved it 3 573

iAlissa tells us more.

There was indeed lots of blood. It was lodged so deep between my molar and my wisdom tooth that they essentially had to surgically remove it. :(

Top comments

Damn those are awful. Even if you were able to get it out, it'd be 38 hours later, after all your attempts it would have come out on its own after you gave up, and you'd have already flossed your gums till the bled trying to get that out.

Sometimes what pops up might surprise you.

Comments

as a dental professional , when a patient comes in, usually the first questions we ask usually deals with popcorn kernels . it is obvious to our eyes , maybe not so much others, but seems like your dentist should have diagnosed the problem within the first visit . Just my opinion

I agree. First thought should always be food impaction.

Would have been my first thing to look for.

It's hard to resist popcorn , but it can cause such devastation to one's mouth and finances!

Next time you won't underestimate a lieutenant colonel.

BoyWhoCriedwoof 5

Save a life, invest in toothpicks

sounds like me 3 years ago. except it took me 3 weeks to goto the dentist and they found it in about 3 minutes. haven't touched popcorn since.

I am not sure why this said it was published in California. I'm in Colorado.

PePziNL 20

Damn all these puns are horrible. But really, that was probably an enormous relief OP.

I'm sure you won't be eating popcorn anytime soon.

Ever try a waterpik? It's a device that sprays water between your teeth and the gum line... It'd get that kernel no problem.. It also toughens your gums. Good luck!

I do have one. The kernel was between my molar and wisdom tooth... It never gets back there well.

At least it wasn't something dangerously serious!!!