By babyblues - 20/11/2012 19:45 - United States - Woodhaven

Today, this guy I've been dating for a few months freaked out and called his mom crying, because I told him I might be pregnant with his baby. He is 27. I haven't even taken a pregnancy test yet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 890
You deserved it 30 989

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You said you were only dating for a few months. I'd be freaking out, too.

Comments

mansen 15

ok. Birth control can fail. I've had a few friends become pregnant while on bc alone or using condoms with...nothing is fail safe. And some women can know their bodies well enough to know something is 'off' or different well before a pregnancy test is able to detect and tell you a yes or no. So is it fair that while it took two ppl to get in that predicament, the girl should just keep her mouth shut and silently freak out and stress by herself until she can find out if she is pregnant? OR share it with her partner what may be going on so there is a heads up, they can help each other in the freak out stage and make some sort of plans for if the test turns out positive? At 27yrs that would be the adult thing to do. Freaking out on both parts is expected....crying to mom? Not so much...how about, so let us see what is happening and what we are going to do. Tho...I love the comments of everyone of why did you say anything? How can you not know? And use bc!! Obviously life experience hasn't been there yet....To be that naive again.

ilovecandie 0

Is your Boyfriend Eric Foreman?

if you hadn't taken a pregnancy test, why did you tell him that? YDI

My question is, why aren't YOU freaking out and calling your mother? There is a possibility that you are pregnant with a partner you've only been seeing a few months. For men it is pretty easy for them to pack up and leave in this situation if they don't want to deal with that. You would have a bit more of a problem. You could very well be raising a child alone, depending on what you plan to do in the case of an unexpected pregnancy, a huge life changing event, yet you are more upset by the understandable behavior of a guy you've been seeing.

ITSaSHOT 7

Ah, the pregnancy scare, most people get them, and those who have been through the scare, will never forget it

Well, perhaps he just realized that a significant part of his income had just flown out the window for the next 18 to 21 years?