By babyblues - 20/11/2012 19:45 - United States - Woodhaven

Today, this guy I've been dating for a few months freaked out and called his mom crying, because I told him I might be pregnant with his baby. He is 27. I haven't even taken a pregnancy test yet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 890
You deserved it 30 989

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You said you were only dating for a few months. I'd be freaking out, too.

Comments

Age doesn't mean shit when it comes to freaking out about a mistake, I mean baby

He might have to give up everything to raise a kid he may not have wanted and he may regret not using protection, but he's a total pussy for crying.

No, that means that 14 women our of 100 using solely that method of birth control for a year get pregnant. That's how birth control effectiveness is measured. Also, the percentage is wrong there, it's above 90%.

Wow, so many judgmental people on here. When I thought I might be pregnant I called my boyfriend before I took a test because it was late and there were no stores open nearby that I could get a test from. It takes two people to make a baby, so both people should worry together. And everyone who says YDI for not using birth control, how do you know they weren't? I see NOTHING in this FML that indicates they were having unprotected sex.

Wow sorry op, seems you are dating a baby. Babies happen, he needs to get a grip and grow up, he must have really hurt you from his childish reaction. That would turn me right off. Also Ignore the judgemental people on here, for a. assuming you were unprotected and b. assuming the woman must be in control of birth control and c. for telling him you might be pregnant before taking a test as it is something the couple should do together. #227 also makes valid points. Anyway, if you are--congrats.

Well he obviously does not want that baby. It should be both the woman's and the man's choice whether to keep the child or not, not just the mother's. That's not fair to the man if he does not want to throw the rest of his life away supporting a child he never even wanted in the first place. Sex is not ONLY for reproduction, it's for pleasure too. So you people saying he should not have had sex with OP in the first place if he did not want a kid, you're just being stupid. Animals have sex to reproduce, we are humans.

And so we are a species of animal that is supposed to be smarter than the other species on the planet. Although sometimes I wonder... Humans are animals, since as far as I remember, we're not plants.

There are only a few animals on the planet who have sex for pleasure, we're one of them. Sex feels good, that's why we do it. It's not always to reproduce. He doesn't want the kid so he shouldn't be forced to support it. If she wants the kid then let her keep it and support it. Don't force the guy to keep it.

Nomadic1 20

I thought you girls like sensitive guys....lmao

all these judgmental people need to ease off OP. having a pregnancy scare is a very scary thing. it doesnt say anywhere whether or not she used birth control, so we can't have a go at her for that. im on the implant and havent had a period for 2 months. when i missed my first one i went straight to my finace to tell him and we did the test together, so stop telling her to do the test on her own, its nerve-wracking enough with the possible father. OP, i hope the two of you make it work :)

You act like this is nothing to worry about. What happens when it turns out you are pregnant? Huh?