Short-lived

By Anonymous - 10/04/2024 11:00 - United Kingdom

Today, I found out I’m pregnant and got excited. We’d never discussed kids before since we’ve only been dating a year, but I was so happy… until I told him, and his face just fell. I left after he drank himself unconscious and I’m now at my mum's house FML
I agree, your life sucks 302
You deserved it 573

Same thing different taste

Top comments

A year? And you haven’t spoken about kids?? Kind of something you would want to know before spending a bunch of time with someone who may not be compatible with you, no?

Wadlaen 23

I know several people who has become pregnant as a direct result of getting very drunk, but I really think you should have thought it through and talked about having kids before you had unprotected sex, as pregnancy is a well known risk when one is doing that. Best of luck!

Comments

A year? And you haven’t spoken about kids?? Kind of something you would want to know before spending a bunch of time with someone who may not be compatible with you, no?

Wadlaen 23

I know several people who has become pregnant as a direct result of getting very drunk, but I really think you should have thought it through and talked about having kids before you had unprotected sex, as pregnancy is a well known risk when one is doing that. Best of luck!

I'm sorry that this isn't going the way you wanted, but as someone who never wants kids, that kind of stuff is first date questions IMO. Why waste a year on someone and THEN find out you have completely different life goals?

I can tell you from personal experience you 100% want to choose the person you have children with. for the kids sake but especially yours. If you're not too far along, get rid of it and plan better by preventing. 1yr relationship is way too young for this kind of commitment.

People assume that he didn't want kids. But Maybe he did, just not with someone he knows only a year and possibly didn't get serious enough to have a life long commitment with. Maybe they are young and he still wanted a few more years of freedom before going on with kids and family.