By fmlsrsly - 25/03/2009 16:43 - United States

Today, I went to the doctor to find out why I've been feeling so sick the past several weeks. Turns out, I'm severely allergic to the cat of my girlfriend of two years. I told her "It's me or the cat." She chose the cat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 69 436
You deserved it 30 262

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That was a bit selfish of you. There are such things as allergy medicine. To some people, their pets are like their children. And for you to make such an ultimatum is an asshole move. Good job.

jesslackszazz 0

To be honest, i'd choose the cat as well.

Comments

btw, that's directed toward the person mentioned in the FML

CeeCee_fml 16

#87- Be disgusted. Some people are emotionally attached to their pets and see them as children because, hell, they act like them. In some cases they are even better. They will always be there, will never hurt your feelings, and will give you unconditional love. Compared to a boyfriend who would probably leave you in the next month.You can grow tentacles out of your head and they will treat you better then half of the "valuable" human population. For the OP: If you cared for your girlfriend a lot, you would never put that kind of pressure on her. Also, you should know that people are attached to their animals. The best thing to do would be to compromise. And, if that didn't work well maybe this break-up was for the best. Just imagine how you would feel if your girlfriend was like "Its either me or WOW!" or anything dear to you because she has an inconvenience with it. I know plenty of girls who hates cats/animals anyways, you'll be alright. Also, for the poster above me, humans don't live forever either...

I agree with #s 74 & 87. Fact: Cats are NOT like children. Whoever thinks that is a lame excuse for a person. Opinion: Cats are selfish creatures who don't give a crap about humans.

#28 wins. Posting an ultimatum instead of trying to resolve the problem normally = jerk. 74, well, except that the cat will not last forever, so you will *not* suffer for the rest of your life... And you have obviously never had a decent pet. No sweat, but don't belittle others' friendships with animals if you have no idea what you're taking about, will you? :/

Revan_fml 0

Man you really need to compromise. There are plenty of meds that will help you deal with the cat allergy. I would have chosen the cat over you too. Shows that your willing to throw your relationship away because of some mild discomfort.

Well to be honest you should have tried the medicine first and there is always compromising. I don't think it was a good idea to make her choose. Like for example instead of hanging out at her place hang out at yours. Talk it over nicely if your girlfriend doesn't do anything about it she's a bitch for putting your health at risk. Yeah that's right you crazy ******* cat lovers.

Floatout2sea 0

It's called Claritin dumbass.

No shit, always choose pet over a boyfriend/girlfriend. You can still break up with someone after 2 years together, pets you lose em its usually for good. Hell if you lock your dog and your wife in the car trunk for 8 hours who will be happy to see you when you open it? Always choose the animal.

kellster 2

Well, now, you deserved that one. Giving someone an ultimatum is the height of manipulative behavior. There's no reason she had to choose. It's more likely that she chose the cat because of your ultimatum than because she liked the cat better. Put it this way: you made it an easy decision for her by being an asshole. Don't force people you supposedly care about into ultimatums. That's asking to lose, and you lost. Plus, pets are loyal and won't leave you or cheat on you. Can the same thing be said for boyfriends? No. End of story.

Crunchy_fml 0

Saying "it's me or the cat" is what made her dump you, not the cat