By fmlsrsly - 25/03/2009 16:43 - United States

Today, I went to the doctor to find out why I've been feeling so sick the past several weeks. Turns out, I'm severely allergic to the cat of my girlfriend of two years. I told her "It's me or the cat." She chose the cat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 69 438
You deserved it 30 264

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That was a bit selfish of you. There are such things as allergy medicine. To some people, their pets are like their children. And for you to make such an ultimatum is an asshole move. Good job.

jesslackszazz 0

To be honest, i'd choose the cat as well.

Comments

gregzav 0

Yikes that's really embarrassing...

You know, despite the brevity of the ultimatum in the OP, it's quite possible that what he actually said was more like, "I went to the doctor and found out I am severely allergic to cats. For the sake of my health, I can't keep dating you if you're going to keep the cat. It's me or the cat." It's not like he just couldn't stand the cat, if his allergies were very severe, there were some non-resolvable health issues there. And if we're going to talk about ultimatums, it shouldn't be fair that he has to deal with the implied "It's me or your health, one of them has to go" from his girlfriend.

2 years of dating and you just learn you are allergic now? sounds a bit fake to me.

ramonajay 0

yea I would pick my cat over a guy.

For everyone who doesn't believe that he only recently found out he's allergic, you develop allergies. My ex had 5 cats and I love cats. I only started dating him because he had really cute cats. I had a pretty bad case of hives about 2 years into our relationship and turns out that I suddenly developed allergies for both cats and bunnies. OP: YDI. Most people hate ultimatums - I'd choose the cat just to spite you.

if you force a girl to make a decision it will never be the one you want. especially when it comes to her cat.

I'm allergic to cats myself, and allergy medicine is usually almost as bad as the allergies themselves, but you have to know how most people respond to ultimatums, idiot. Hell, I've had girls tell me it was them or my motorcycle. I still have the motorcycle, and am certain it was the better choice.

you do realize you could take meds right... i mean if it just started after 2 years of being with her then it cant be that bad...

YDI. Don't ever try to get someone to give up a pet. Especially when they've had them before you. I'd have chosen the cat.

what did you expect? the cat is more loyal and lower maintenance. the cat also didn't ask her to choose between two things she loved.