By fmlsrsly - 25/03/2009 16:43 - United States

Today, I went to the doctor to find out why I've been feeling so sick the past several weeks. Turns out, I'm severely allergic to the cat of my girlfriend of two years. I told her "It's me or the cat." She chose the cat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 69 436
You deserved it 30 262

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That was a bit selfish of you. There are such things as allergy medicine. To some people, their pets are like their children. And for you to make such an ultimatum is an asshole move. Good job.

jesslackszazz 0

To be honest, i'd choose the cat as well.

Comments

I would have chosen the cat, too. She can find someone better who isn't allergic to her cats, and get both. Making her choose was stupid on your part.

soxgrl33 0

I would have chosen the cat too. And anyway, if you gave her that sort of ultimatum, you're a jerk.

she definitely should have given the cat away. dang, you tried to get rid of one pussy but lost two. but on the bright side perhaps you dodged a future-crazy-cat-lady-bullet? anyway good luck mate

The cat is dependent on her. Giving an ultimatum was a dumb idea, of course she will choose to take care of her pet. Get some Zyrtec and pull your head out of your ass.

if you had really LOVED your girlfriend, you wouldnt of asked her that question, thats inconsiderate and i dont blame her for picking the cat. u need to suck up about your allergises. i have them too but asking that question is like saying. i like u and all but i want to have sex, either have sex with me or im leaving you" thats not true love. your just horny. your a jerk for saying that to her. she shouldnt have to give up anything for you. u should love her for who she is and even if she has a cat that your allergic to just.. suck it up seriously. your just being selfish. its your fault. sorry.

#20 - Yes, this is almost exactly what happened to Elaine on an episode of Seinfeld. I recognized it immediately.

I would do the same. Even if the cat didn't come first.

TryToBeKind 0

I am so sorry that you wasted two years of your life with that bitch.

I was with my boyfriend for three years, I thought everything was going great, and one day he left me with no explanation. When I come home everyday, my cat is still there. He is my baby. YDI

shiie 0

Almost everyone here is a giant shallow stuck-up arrogant jerk and needs a severe reality check. 1. I would pick my girlfriend of 2 years over a cat of 2 weeks any day. 2. The OP isn't a jerk because he posed an ultimatum; he didn't really have any choice (see below) 3. There is no wonder drug or treatment that will cure everything ever. He will most probably have some degree of a cat allergy for the rest of his life, meds or no meds. 4. A cat is an animal. Not a child. And certainly - I at least hope so - not your child. Cute and cuddly, yes. Comparable to your actual children, absolutely not. 5. There is no other solution or compromise. If you have a cat allergy, cats are the last thing you want to be around. To the original OP: your girlfriend was a selfish thoughtless person who seems to be a zoophilic. You are far better off, and destined for higher purposes. You are not less than a cat, and you never will be. To everyone else: go away.