By fmlsrsly - 25/03/2009 16:43 - United States

Today, I went to the doctor to find out why I've been feeling so sick the past several weeks. Turns out, I'm severely allergic to the cat of my girlfriend of two years. I told her "It's me or the cat." She chose the cat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 69 438
You deserved it 30 264

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That was a bit selfish of you. There are such things as allergy medicine. To some people, their pets are like their children. And for you to make such an ultimatum is an asshole move. Good job.

jesslackszazz 0

To be honest, i'd choose the cat as well.

Comments

you wasted 2 years of your life on worthless scumbag

birds_fml 7

I'd choose the cat too. The cat will be around a lot longer than you might. Good for her. Also, what #115 said. You force someone to make that choice, then you deserve to go.

How selfish of you . . . as others have said; forcing someone to make a decision like that instantaneously makes you worth less YDI.

rawrrr13 0

ultimatums = bad news for you

Sad. I've been in that situation where my boyfriend was very very allergic to my dog. We worked hard to explore all options, and with a shitload of air filters in all rooms of the house, good strong allergy meds, and this stuff called Allerpet that I wiped her down with once a week, it worked out. If it hadn't, I would have picked the dog too. Pets are like children. Relationships are, well, relationships. You'll find someone that doesn't have a cat and there won't have to be any heartbreaking compromise for anyone.

Xaos 0

Haha shit dude. I have an allergy for cats too, yet even I would've chosen the cat... shit, such ultimatums are just not done.

Honestly, I'd choose the cat even though; 1, I'm a straight guy and wouldn't be in this situation; 2, I'm a dog person; 3, I am slightly allergic to cats. I just hate ultimatums, they aren't productive, everything in life is a compromise, so sorry, YDI.