By nofatchicks - 12/05/2014 23:49 - United States - Tampa

Today, I nervously flirted with a very cute guy. Being a little overweight, I rarely think cute guys will go for me. This line of thinking was yet again correct when he casually pulled his sleeve up revealing a tattoo of a pinup girl with a "NO FAT CHICKS" sign below it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 785
You deserved it 7 847

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's when you wish you had a tat saying "no douche bags allowed"

Comments

I'm not saying the guy's not an ass, but would people be half as mad if he had a tattoo that said "No skinny girls"? They wouldn't. People will say they would, but they wouldn't. They would say "Good for him not needing a skinny twig bc only dogs like bones". The double standard is ridiculous.

I actually disagree. It's equally offensive to hear people say "Men don't like bones" it's not acceptable to discriminate against anyway either small or big. You can't be accepting of one type of body by putting down another.

rocker_chick23 27

I would get equally as mad. Only a douchebag would get a tattoo like that. Body shaming anyone is disgusting

I guess I should've said MOST people wouldn't be offended by that. I do understand that 100% of people won't be offended/not offended by anything. I personally don't like hearing either one.

Yo please don't take that to heart, there are so many asshole guys out there. You'll find the right guy eventually, just be patient beautiful

sillyyoshi1998 13

I bet one day he will change his mind and end up dating some other fat chick. Imagine the embarassment he will feel then with that tat still on. Still, that is ruthless of him. Just remember, lots of big fish in a big pond!

If OP is unhappy w/ her weight, exercise IS good, but no need for a gym. Walk, ride a bike, get some DVDs. Also, avid exercisers lack willpower

bettyjean6shootr 4

Clearly he knows nothing about what being a pin up girl is about. Not back then nor now has it ever meant what some men or should I say boys assume it does. I am a pin up girl, and we don't believe in bullying in fact there is a pin up page against bullying on facebook. Also check out Kat Stroud on facebook she's a professional model and a pin up girl and she isn't a twig. She celebrates who she is. Keep in mind too he might eventually manage to find someone to have a child with him and then that horrid tattoo he's stuck with he will have to explain to his kids and then eventually grandkids. Can you imagine how that conversation will go. You are a beautiful person don't let anyone try to demean you or tell you otherwise. Chin up buttercup and own who you are!

That's okay sweetheart. You don't want a **** nut like that anyway. I'm a plus sized girl (AKA FAT CHICK) and it took a looooooooooong time to find a man who was up to MY standards of good humor, good person, and well, "bonuses". Don't let some asshole make you feel worthless. He's the moron for being narrow minded, petty, and a jerk. You'll find love when you least expect it, and it will be amazing. Be happy with yourself, and everything else will fall into place. His tattoo says everything about him and nothing about you.

omg you just made my day with your comment. I'm glad you were able to love yourself and find happiness without changing yourself.

I completely agree that he is a terrible person. But if you're used to thinking that cute boys wont go for you because of your weight and not your personality, then maybe you should lose some weight? It's entirely up to you though. No one can or should make you. All i'm saying is it will definitely improve your love life and give you a confidence boost! There's really no downside to being healthier.

Thin doesn't automatically equal healthy ya know. I see what you're getting at but it really irks me the way everyone ties health to weighty. Thin people have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes and other health problems often associated with weight

rocker_chick23 27

#144: Skinnier doesn't always mean healthier. My sister is a size 4 and has type one diabetes. My father in law recently died from a heart attack at age 43. He was training for a marathon and he was fit.

I'm so ugly, even fat chicks don't flirt with me, even though I wouldn't mind. If you're intelligent, I don't care if you're fat. Intelligence is such a rare commodity nowadays, you can't afford to be picky about the "container".

#161 I said shit like "even fat chicks" only as a reference to this particular FML. You're reading waaay more than I've actually written.

What I read seemed like self pity trying to be disguised as sympathy.

#208 Well, after all this very site is all about self pity. People sharing with others how much their life sucks to get some sympathy. I just think that "my life sucks more" is a valid way of comforting people. After all, nothing cheers people up as much as other people's misfortunes. That's FML for ya!

Hesher 19

I dunno about you, but if someone listened to me vent about something horrible happening to me and they replied with "My life is way worse and let me tell you why," I would think they're a jackass for trying to one-up me on something like this. Your comment not only fails in sounding reassuring, but it sounds pathetic. "Fat chicks" (or girls at all for that matter) won't flirt with you if you're constantly throwing a pity party for yourself. Even if you're not conventionally attractive, show some confidence. Girls love confidence. That's coming from someone who has had problems with insecurity, and is recently learning this.

#258 I think we all learned, that girls like to flirt with confident, cute guys with "NO FAT CHICKS" tattoos. Maybe I should get one of these too :) Joking aside, normally I really do exude plenty of confidence (almost to the point of arrogance), cause I know I'm a pretty amazing bloke :) And I'm not making stuff up. It's not one-uping. That stuff is really not that horrible. You've got to have a distance to that sort of thing.

What a jackass. You sound wonderful to me.

What a jerk. Ignore them. I think it's funny that they have pin ups on their arms with no "fat" chicks cause back in the pin up era they were volumptuous and curvy. I would point out next time that Marilyn Monroe was a size sixteen. Tell them to shove that knowledge up their asses. And don't give up. Let it fuel you. Good luck my dear and don't forget your milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.

I'm pretty sure Monroe was between an 8 and 10 by today's size standards. I don't know where you got the 16 from, but I've never read articles on her being that large. If that's true, then I'm a flippin' Marilyn Monroe!

191, 148 got that number because dress sizes have changed over the years, so a 16 in Marilyn Monroe's day would be a 10 today. But even that's considered horrifying by today's standards, which I think says that standards need to change.