Such a nice guy

By Anonymous - 14/01/2024 02:00 - United States

Today, the only girl who likes me is a girl who is overweight and uses body acceptance as a reason to get mad at me for turning her down. Call me shallow but as someone who works out frequently, I don't want someone who douses herself with tattoos, thinking guys will fetishize her, instead of self-care. FML
I agree, your life sucks 579
You deserved it 530

Same thing different taste

Top comments

as long as you don't call her nasty to her face, that would be rude. you're allowed to be attracted to healthy fit people.

Look, she's not your type. That's fine. She may or may not be great person - But it's kinda hard to tell from how you seem to assume the worst behind her motivations for doing things, and how you describe her in light of your assumptions. Overall, it really paints a picture of why there aren't women beating down your door to be with you, my dude.

Comments

dongdong xiang 10

Well well well aren’t you a piece of work. You may work out and have the body of a “God” but that personality of yours is garbage. The “overweight” girl is dodging a HUGE bullet. Hopefully she finds someone who will see her for who she is - A HUMAN BEING, and not a body to “fetishize” like you say. If you want a fat free body for life, go buy a sex doll.

If he doesn't want to date Fatty McTatty that's up to him, she has no right to get mad about it. You can't force someone to be attracted to you.

dongdong xiang 10

“Fatty McTatty” may well just be his soulmate but he refuses to see that because he wants a fat free bimbo ****

GreyFox78 2

she isn't his soulmate if he isn't attracted to her. attraction is part of the whole thing. also the fact that she gets mad when he says no means she is a spoiled brat with no substance of a personality. she is a loser.

I'm sorry but he is allowed to not be attracted to someone who is overweight or doesn't take care of themselves. just as you are allowed to not be attracted to someone who goes to the gym often. your allowed preferences. this over exceptence thing is getting out of hand

Nico97 3

so preferences aren’t allowed? OP is forced to date her? Did you blow in from stupid town?

as long as you don't call her nasty to her face, that would be rude. you're allowed to be attracted to healthy fit people.

Nico97 3

so you’re not allowed to have standards dongdong xiang? Look in the mirror when talking about garbage personalities

dongdong xiang 10

Standards should be about that person’s INTEGRITY and not whether they have a fat free appearance. I don’t have a garbage personality - I treat others with integrity and dont write them off because of how they look. i get to know the person.

Standards and preferences are one thing - But the way he's talking about her isn't really the neutral "I'm just not into her" sort of stuff - It's expressly insulting towards her, which doesn't exactly cultivate an image of OP as an otherwise perfect gentleman who attractive women just can't see the value in for some reason. He's whining as though he's *entitled* to the affection of women he finds physically attractive, while demonstrating a thoroughly less-than-attractive personality, and bemoaning that the situation seems to be this way because of some sort of cosmic unfairness.

If the genders were revealed OP would be hailed as a hero

Well, she is trying to emotionally blackmail him so I would say he is justified in sounding upset with her.

dongdong xiang 10

So much misogyny in these comments who raised y’all? smh!

Look, she's not your type. That's fine. She may or may not be great person - But it's kinda hard to tell from how you seem to assume the worst behind her motivations for doing things, and how you describe her in light of your assumptions. Overall, it really paints a picture of why there aren't women beating down your door to be with you, my dude.

Someday you will be over 30, OP, and your body will start shifting whether you like it or not. Good luck getting a date with THAT personality after that, because there's a difference between 'having a type' and what you just posted.

dragonladiesfire 19

You have a right to turn her down. She has a right to be mad. You have a right to work out. She has a right not to. Point is, you both clash in personalities and choices you each make. However, you are on fml to get pity that an overweight girl that has tattoos is the only one that likes you. She had the confidence to tell you. You had the confidence to tell her no. Now, your fml can be "I turned down the only girl that liked me".

Exactly. You'd think he'd do some self-reflection. Like, maybe his shitty personality is driving off potential mates. Instead, he makes it her fault that she likes him.

it cracks me up when men scream, "I deserve a hot chick!" & then they whine how hot women won't date them unless they're 6 foot & rich. Date who you want, but don't be a hypocrite when the same shallow ass standards are applied to you.

How is not wanting to date someone because they're overweight the same is not wanting to date someone because of their height? You can control your weight, but you can't control your height.

You should know that FML is pretty woke. If you post stuff here that makes sense it's going to get downvoted. Body positivity movement was meant to help people who had lost limbs or were burn victims feel better about themselves. It was meant to help curvy girls not feel the need to be stick skinny. Instead it's being co-opted by people who want to overeat and then get mad at you when you're not attracted to their slovenly lifestyle. Stay strong.