By jesspacheco27 - 15/12/2014 18:05 - United States - San Francisco

Today, my classmate said I looked better without makeup. Well, her exact words were, "You look like less of a whore without makeup." FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 237
You deserved it 8 337

jesspacheco27 tells us more.

She's Muslim I believe so they're into the covered hair no make-up, "covered up" look I guess.

Top comments

YawMoney 14

Is she/he a "***** looking" expert?

Better then looking like a clown. Maybe your so called friend is just jealous of you and is lashing out because she wants the spotlight.

Comments

Better then looking like a clown. Maybe your so called friend is just jealous of you and is lashing out because she wants the spotlight.

thomasrasmussen7 20

I wouldn't say she's jealous. I would say she's comin eating her without make up. It's a backhand compliment. She saying she looks okay without it but when she does do it could do it better.

Whoa! she's coming when she's eating her with no make up?

sweetnsourrr 11

Maybe she's one of those girls who don't wear make up feel superior than those who do. Some girls are just harsh for no reason sometimes and its not always jealously. It could be that she just doesn't like her personality or the girl is just too damn judgemental.

She never said friend, she said a classmate said it to her.

She's Muslim I believe so they're into the covered hair no make-up, "covered up" look I guess.

thomasrasmussen7 20

Look in a dictionary, please. Both "compliment" and "complement" are words, with different meanings. And in this case "compliment" is the correct word.

Actually, I believe #34 is the OP. Her comments just haven't been verified as such by the FML staff yet.

Just imo OP but based on your pics I believe that you do look much better in the one with less makeup.

I_Hug_Cats 26

Wow Op, 2 Fmls submitted and both of them published . Teach us your secrets, sensei.

Cassmoneyyy 15

Well. We can see your ass cheeks in the 3rd photo. It's only a wonder what your facebook looks like. Take it with a grain of salt but also do some reflection.

Even if she is Muslim I still don't think that is an excuse to be rude.

Muslim girls wear loads of make up though. I'm Muslim and I wear it if I want. That's rubbish, the girl was just rude.

Most of the Muslims I know wear makeup she was probably just being rude..

zahra_786 19

I wouldn't use the fact that she is Muslim as the excuse. I'm Muslim and love wearing make up lol. Perhaps she should have been a bit nicer about it and said something like, 'you're naturally pretty and don't even need make up'.

Whell if she is Muslim I can see how she would say that

That's not true. It usually comes to personal preference (:

Ummmm... Being Muslim shouldn't excuse her. I'm Muslim and I would never say anything like that to someone. If anything, my religion teaches me that I should respect others in order to respect myself. I'm not perfect, and I make mistakes... But it sounds like your classmate was being unkind. You should talk to her about it.

She was probably just rude or hates make up, the religion itself isn't against make up. All Muslim and Arabian girls I know love wearing a lot of make up, although mostly when they are in female company. .-.

Don't use Islam as an excuse okay. There are plenty of Islamic women such as myself who do wear make up and not wear a hijab. That woman was just not a great person, but that doesn't mean that the religion she practices has anything to do with it.

silentxninja 13

Well that doesn't mean she should put you down, and force her ideas and beliefs on you. If you feel better and more confident wearing make-up, then who cares what your classmates think? I'm sure you're beautiful with or without makeup. Don't listen to what other people say; just do what makes you happy.

81 - True. I know girls at my university who are decked in super stylish makeup and clothes; with hijabs that match their wardrobe.

chocolateteacup 25

It's not about the religion per se OP! It's about the individuals opinion...

YawMoney 14

Is she/he a "***** looking" expert?

It's my dream to look like a ***** one day, tbh. Aspiring level one.

Maybe she's just jealous because not everyone looks good with out makeup. She's probably jealous that you still look pretty without makeup

#4: Some people forget that lots of people aren't pretty even with makeup. Some also forget that lots of people get uglier with makeup, too.

Can't you say anything about her make-up job, she seems like a bitch so...

Unless she was a good friend and actually suggested it nicely, she is way out of line. I don't know what you look like Op, but your classmate could just be jealous.

I think it's a compliment that you look better without makeup

You should do what you feel is best, it is for you NOT for others that you put on makeup. And that was way out of line of this classmate to say!

Dodge4x4Ram 46

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Seems kind of rude of a friend. Tell her she sounds less like a bitch when her mouth isn't open.

I know I just can't fathom why people can just be so blatantly rude and disrespectful. There is just no excuse for it.. What do you get out of being so bitter? I personally have never experienced any benefits from it, but you need to go off on this bitch OP!

MrFluff 9

Some things are better left unsaid...