Dependa

By Anonymous - 03/07/2009 23:25 - United States

Today, my boyfriend called me explaining that he is getting married this weekend to a woman he met on Craigslist. Why? Because I won't marry him, and he'll make an extra thousand dollars per month having a wife since he is in the army. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 631
You deserved it 12 279

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Greedy little asshat, you are probably better off without him since he obviously values money over a relationship, honor, self-respect... etc. Look on the bright side. He'll probably catch a whole host of sexually transmitted diseases if he sleeps with her and considering she is off craigslist, he's taking a huge risk.

Comments

Well, if you won't marry him, you can't complain if he gets married.

an extra grand of my ******* tax dollars every month so the wife doesn't have to work? damn government handouts

You do realize that even military families that have the other married partner working still get that money. It doesn't have anything to do with with them working or not right?

Amber_Mills 0

like i said before, i am married to the army. and he is deployed. they really dont make as much as you might think. i still HAVE to work for us to get by. if thats not what you want your tax dollars to go to then you might consider moving to another country.

why are you not going to marry him but you are going out with him? whats the point at the adult age

bexox 0

How do you know how old they are? She might be 18 or 19. Not everyone is ready for marriage at that age. I know I wasn't.

Don't worry. When she divorces him (which she most likely will) Karma will come back and bite him in the butt and he will lose more than he ever bargained for.

This is the FML i wrote, and the reason i won't marry him is because i am still in college (I'm only 20)!!! And, my scholarship goes away if i gain a husband making me independent. I think waiting would be more beneficial, but he thinks otherwise. But, it's okay... i definitely dumped him.

corruptmind420 0

hahaha gotta love contract marriages in the military

Wow that's shitty as hell. I had someone try to get me to marry them and we hardly even knew each other, just because he wanted the extra money, and lots of kids... which equals more money.