Dependa

By Anonymous - 03/07/2009 23:25 - United States

Today, my boyfriend called me explaining that he is getting married this weekend to a woman he met on Craigslist. Why? Because I won't marry him, and he'll make an extra thousand dollars per month having a wife since he is in the army. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 631
You deserved it 12 279

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Greedy little asshat, you are probably better off without him since he obviously values money over a relationship, honor, self-respect... etc. Look on the bright side. He'll probably catch a whole host of sexually transmitted diseases if he sleeps with her and considering she is off craigslist, he's taking a huge risk.

Comments

Lil_Ms_Trble 0

Guys, sorry for the OT - what is craigslist? Thanks.

The time you spent posting this comment could have been time spent typing in "craigslist" into Google. Great job.

xemmy_fml 0

It's a website similar to eBay. You set up a page offering an item or service. The difference is there are different craigslists for different areas.

xemmy_fml 0

Oh, and to IssacClarke? There is absolutely no need to be that condescending and snappy. Also, nice job naming yourself after the protagonist in a sub-par Resident Evil 4 copycat.

Lil_Ms_Trble 0

And do you know how much electricity is wasted when 1 google request is operated? The precious time you spent posting this comment could have been time spent typing an answer to mine, pity you've chosen smartassing others. Thanks, xemmy, for actually being helpful :)

For future reference, and to prevent yourself from looking like a lazy ******* next time you don't know the answer to something that mindbogglingly easy to google: www.justfuckinggoogleit.com

sirfuzzitoes 0

I've gotta know, since it's enough to pull someone's card on, and I don't want to run the risk of Googling it. JUST HOW MUCH ELECTRICITY IS WASTED WHEN "ONE GOOGLE REQUEST IS OPERATED?"

Enough to make the trolls, I mean Grues, come after you

The same amount it took for lil_ms_trble to post her comment......not much at all. I hate green people that try to be "Eco-friendly" by avoiding one thing only to do something that wasted just as much electricity. Especially if its an insignificant amount in the first place.

lmmmr 0

Let's not confuse stupidity for environmentally concerned, now. It is correct to be environmentally concerned. It is ignorant to think that one website takes any more electricity than another.

Oh I've nothing against green people, I just don't like the stupid ones like her.

I got nothing, except that you are better off alone than with someone who has priorities like that.

This is not a FYL. I say F HIS life. He'll regret it soon enough.

ohhhhshizzz 0

Being ready to marry someone come sin time not just being like, oh I believe I love him and an extra grand a month well what the hell all of the emotional baggage of being an army wife, but an extra grand a month. Who the **** cares? It probably won't go to anything, why do we need it? Cause we want it? Gah, shut up!

I don't understand how people can vote YDI just because she wouldn't marry him. Maybe she just wouldn't marry him YET because she wasn't ready. I don't know about you, but the "Babe, marry me even though you're not emotionally or mentally ready to commit to the responsibilities and realities of marriage because I want extra money, and if you don't, I'll marry some random stranger" ultimatum is NOT my idea of romance. The people saying "you should have married him anyway" have no respect for what marriage is. Marrying someone when you're not ready is a damning ingredient in a recipe for divorce. Maybe she's one of the few people who still take marriage seriously, and in my book, she doesn't deserve to be screwed over for that.

TheBigGamer 0

marriage doesn't really deserve much respect these days anyway

Good marriages deserve a lot more respect. Just because most people take marriage as a means to getting benefits rather then as a union of two loving people doesn't mean it should be disrespected - the people who disrespect it in that way deserve that. to OP - I'm so sorry. At least now you know what an asshole he is, and you can find someone who would be willing to wait for you to be ready. :(

good thing you got out of it before realizing he was ******* INSANE

thedrumsthedrums 0

he is a loser, and the future wife would probably cheat on him and the marriage would suck.

so how is this a fml? it's obvious you don't care about the guy at all

Dude, what's your problem? First of all, not all women want to get married, and not all women bitch about it. She may not have been ready to yet. You don't know how long they've been together or what their situation is. Second of all, you don't know if his motives for wanting to marry her were honorable or were purely for financial gain, and seeing as how he's willing to marry a woman he met on craigslist (and notifying his girlfriend the week before it's going to happen), I'm kinda leaning towards the latter. Third of all, who WOULDN'T bitch about their CURRENT boyfriend marrying someone he met on CRAIGSLIST? Your generalizations about women may be clouding your ability to see the ridiculous actions of the boyfriend for what they are.

Yeah I was going to say that. Maybe, just maybe, she didn't want to get hitched to some guy who was only in it for the pay rise? I'm not saying that this is definately the reason he wanted to marry her, but come on, she can't have been that special to him if he's willing to marry someone random off Craigslist!