By Sam - 26/09/2011 11:46 - Australia

Today, in a desperate attempt to get my business "out there", I dropped a few of my cards on a station floor. I got a call, even a quote. A $500 fine from the transit for public littering. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 275
You deserved it 35 056

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How stupid are you? Are you in the habit of reading trash? No, and neither is anyone else. Your plan was idiotic, and you got exactly what you deserved - no new customers, and $500 out of your pocket.

Comments

tpreston 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

That's when you tell them that it wasn't you even tho it's your card. YDI either way tho

he could have commented twice by accident. jeez.

11-I have an annoyance with people like you. some are double/triple posts. FML's fault, in that case the comment number is the same. And the other kind is just attention hogs posting the same comment multiple times. the comment number is different. Idiot.

Wow same comments on double post ._. If you're that desperate for people to see your card, go to a public transport place, help people with stuff like luggage and everything, the give them your card and get a 1-5 dollar tip :). Easy money if you were a hobo

Probably should have stuck them against a wall instead of dropping them on the ground.

Captain planet would whoop your ass for that.

How stupid are you? Are you in the habit of reading trash? No, and neither is anyone else. Your plan was idiotic, and you got exactly what you deserved - no new customers, and $500 out of your pocket.

Yeah but still the public transport here in ny has all sort of gross stuff and no one gets in trouble

Andr913 13

There are strict littering laws in Sydney, the OP should have known this.

That's ridiculous I've walked in grosser things at the trains. But it also depends on how much you dropped. Did you shower them with your cards?

Difference is that most gross things don't have your name, number, and business address on them.

ellakacyme22 6

You could say they droped from ur bag unknown to you I have left my cards on the bus and trains aswell

perdix 29

I make important business decisions and consumer choices based on what I find lying on the ground. Keep up your brilliantly efficient mass-marketing plan!

Goddamnit perdix you did it again... Anyway, who the **** just reads shot that they find on the ground

perdix 29

I do. I figure it's a sign. That's how I got my car, my lawn service and my current religion.

I'm sure some Native American somewhere was shedding a single tear whenever you threw those business cards on the floor.

kiakia0131 23

OP is from Australia. There aren't Native Americans there. Your comment isn't going to be very effective.

I'm referring to an old commercial that was shown in more countries than just the US. Thanks for playing though.

10 I give your joke...a 3/10. A for trying though. Thanks for playing.

perdix 29

s0m3guy, I don't know why AB didn't like it, but that was a fine joke! I didn't LOL, but I found the imagery highly amusing.

33- The comment was meant to be more of a reference for someone to appreciate rather than a joke. If you don't like it, then thumb me down or gtfo.

mistersheezy 7

You couldn't find a bulletin board anywhere?