Dependa

By Anonymous - 03/07/2009 23:25 - United States

Today, my boyfriend called me explaining that he is getting married this weekend to a woman he met on Craigslist. Why? Because I won't marry him, and he'll make an extra thousand dollars per month having a wife since he is in the army. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 631
You deserved it 12 279

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Greedy little asshat, you are probably better off without him since he obviously values money over a relationship, honor, self-respect... etc. Look on the bright side. He'll probably catch a whole host of sexually transmitted diseases if he sleeps with her and considering she is off craigslist, he's taking a huge risk.

Comments

sounds like he did what he felt was necessary. you made your choice he made his. you decided to tell him no and he moved on. at least he told you rather than you becoming the other woman. the truth is, a spur of the moment wedding like that. she'll usually end up taking everything. take solace in that.

Hysterical. And not the original post but the replies. Tell the military? What are they going to do? It isn't illegal to marry someone you barely know. It isn't illegal to get married to someone other than your girlfriend. And to the poster....only overseas does the number of dependents matter to some extent. Stateside the extra you make by have dependents is the same even if you have one dependent or have 10 dependents.

if you weren't gonna marry him when he asked, what's the point of dating him?

reply to number 98 and 111 Because some people like to date a person and get to know them very well before getting married, some people don't want to be married and can have a long lasting loving relationship without that piece of paper. Some people want to finish their education, some people don't want to be too young etc. There are so many reason to be dating without thinking of marriage right away. I think it is smart of the OP.

ari_lee 0

This. I don't understand how everyone can be questioning why she wouldn't just marry him now.

Terilyn4500 0

what a douse!!!!!!! im soooo sorry

fYOURlife420 1

aww don't feel bad, my scum boyfriend went on craigslist looking for some skanks too.

Redneck325Ci 0

More like FHL. The guy is a dumb ass...because; once he gets married to her, she'll basically mooch off of him for however long she wants, then divorce him unless he marries her with a prenuptial agreement, and then take half of all his things, including his pay and his pension of he stays in long enough to retire, even more so. He's a dumb ****. If you put his brain in a bird it'd fly backwards. Why don't you just wait until he's married and then tell him all this? Paybacks a bitch!

ILoveJace01 0

If he's gonna have that attitude, you're better off without him, so count yourself lucky.

shnibz101 0

Many he is another criegslist killer!?!?!?!?!