Dependa

By Anonymous - 03/07/2009 23:25 - United States

Today, my boyfriend called me explaining that he is getting married this weekend to a woman he met on Craigslist. Why? Because I won't marry him, and he'll make an extra thousand dollars per month having a wife since he is in the army. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 631
You deserved it 12 279

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Greedy little asshat, you are probably better off without him since he obviously values money over a relationship, honor, self-respect... etc. Look on the bright side. He'll probably catch a whole host of sexually transmitted diseases if he sleeps with her and considering she is off craigslist, he's taking a huge risk.

Comments

anonimause 0

I'm so bothered by this whole page.

bexox 0

Ugh, #46, me too! I didn't realize there were so many people who want to get married just to get married, and not wait to find the right person.

and he doesn't have to live in the dorms anymore.

your dumb and if he dies that lady and her family get like a million dollars.

Amber_Mills 0

actually, the person that is in the military decides who the money goes to. they have all of that figured out and its on paper before they get deployed. it doesnt just go to whoever.

actually you do NOT get a million dollars. And it doesn't automatically go to the spouse. the SGLI is only 400,000, which is still a good amount of money. But if you have bills and everything else it will diminish quickly if you have children and do not work. It's sad that everyone thinks the military is grand and you get all this money to do nothing. and that if you die your partner or family becomes rich. The money is not worth it. I'd rather have my husband home every night not worrying if my kids or I will ever see him again.

kira822_fml 0

If you like him, marry him. That's why yheyhave divorse: for greedy army guys who only marry for money. Not saying that's every army guy. Just this one probably.

Thank God you didn't marry him. Imagine marrying a guy knowing he'd marry ANYONE.

Yeah, totally. Women should always do exactly what their partners want them to do, and **** the woman's feelings, concerns, lives, and right to make choices - because THEY LOVE THEIR MEN YEAH GET IN THE KITCHEN AND MAKE ME A SAMMICH BITCH. Something tells me #36 is going to die a sad and lonely virgin.

ladywaldo 0

****'em you don't want to be a military wife anyways

endless_text 0

I notice your post says "my boyfriend". I hope that you've dumped him by now. What an asshole.