By nocakeforyou! - 15/03/2011 13:11

Today, I came home to my drunk husband, to find that he raided our fridge and freezer to soothe his beer munchies. That would have been fine, had he not eaten the top tier of our wedding cake I'd been saving to eat on our first wedding anniversary, which is in 4 days. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 205
You deserved it 14 060

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The tradition of eating the top tier on the first anniversary is ridiculous. We tried that, and the cake was as moist as an 80 year old pussy. You should thank him for saving you from eating that.

MarineWifey88 3

My husband spent our first anniversary in Iraq. we didn't get to spend an anniversary together until our 4th anniversary and by then, we were scared of the cake and threw it out.

Comments

FMLoverAgain 7

exactly, he saved the day for you. the cake would have tasted like shit being in the freezer that long!

FMLoverAgain 7

exactly, he saved the day for you. the cake would have tasted like shit being in the freezer that long!

FMLoverAgain 7

exactly, he saved the day for you. the cake would have tasted like shit being in the freezer that long!

That's not necessarily true though because if it was stored properly it would be fine and freezer burn free. There are a lot people who save the Top tier of their wedding cakes to eat on their first anniversary and because of this there are places that will package the cake for you specially so that it will last a year in the freezer.

It may not be freezer burned or gross, but it's still a tacky over-sentimental thing to bitch about. OP, YDI for being butthurt about something so goddamned trivial. Also, I feel terribly for your husband knowing that you think your life is ****** because he - gods forbid - ate some food from the fridge.

In the words of 'The Crow': "Nothing is trivial."

Beer munchies? wtf it's only pot munchies, I don't ever recall being drunk and wanting to eat, op, I'm pretty sure your fiancé Is a stoner to.

he must have been really hungry to eat the old wedding cake, those things are freaking nasty, it's only a stupid tradition

zowieandzander77 1

Perhaps you have only been to crappy weddings. A well made wedding cake is not nasty.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
zowieandzander77 1

I doubt it. The poster is 21--how many year old wedding cakes would one have had by the age of 21?

@46 wtf are you dumb she saved her wedding cakes top tier which is the top part of the cake, the smallest part normally. and she saved it to be eaten on the 1st year of their anniversary which was coming up in 4 days and that's why it's a year old because if you didn't know an anniversary for a wedding is next year on the same date as the wedding

zowieandzander77 1

@ 53 try and keep up with the thread before calling me dumb. I am aware the OP (original poster not poster) saved the top tier of her wedding cake to be eaten on their one year anniversary. What I'm not aware of is where you learned reading comprehension...Let's recap shall we... 1. #3 said wedding cake was nasty 2. I responded with " a well made wedding cake is not nasty" 3. # 45 responded to me and said "He was talking about a year old wedding cake" 4. To which I said "I doubt it. The poster is 21--how many year old wedding cakes would one have had by the age of 21? Aka the poster must have meant wedding cakes in general are nasty. The poster AKA #3 who said wedding cake was nasty not the OP! We clear now.

fieldhockyluva24 4

#46 was referring to #45 since he said that #3 was saying that year-old cakes are gross. #46 was saying it was unlikely that #3 was talking about the year old cake since he probably hasn't eaten a year old cake. #68 beat me too it and was a lot more clear. haha

heathersmorin 0

actually zowie, im younger than 21 and have been to at least 5 weddings in my time.. yes, I have eaten the cake. age really doesn't matter how many wedding cakes you've had.. don't be so pompous. however, this is a ridiculous argument -.-

brokenbottletop 0

so, #94, obviously many 21 year olds have eaten wedding cakes, but this person was talking about a year old wedding cake... have you eaten any wedding cakes a year old? how about reading the whole thing? the reason he's (or she's?) saying age, is because the only reason a person would eat a year old cake is on their wedding anniversary, which most people don't have at age 21...

actually I have had a year old cake. my aunt's. though i did not read thoroughly , I'll admit that. my apologies :) I will accept the jackass of the year award :)

101 you don't need to comprehend stuff whe you are that gorgeous ;)

This entire conversation is so stupid that the resulting minute of me hitting my head repeatedly against the wall probably killed fewer brain cells.

119, your reply alone made me consider jumping in lighter fluid and running through a Bon fire.

122 makes 119 look like turd, so she wins automatically.

xxkitsumoxx 0
BugsBunny1 4

Yeah well 122 and I are kinda dating (note the same last names).... So BACK OFF!

AmandaIsMyName 0

wow what an asshole. that's ****** up lol

I dunno, he was drunk. He was drunk and ate cake. I don't think that's enough to accurately judge his character.

I can't believe that you'd begrudge a man some cake, especially in his time of need.

tnfan5594 0

well he was hungry and he needed something to eat

MarineWifey88 3

My husband spent our first anniversary in Iraq. we didn't get to spend an anniversary together until our 4th anniversary and by then, we were scared of the cake and threw it out.

alliewillie 22

I really don't see how this pertains. This FML wasn't about you.

twilightfreak779 0

76 don't be a cold heartless bitch. it does pertain to the fml. go eat macaroni in a cave.

96 and this no sarcasm that was a brilliant comment I'd say even a win

The tradition of eating the top tier on the first anniversary is ridiculous. We tried that, and the cake was as moist as an 80 year old pussy. You should thank him for saving you from eating that.

Doc, how would you know what an 80 yr old pussy tastes like?

oh trust me, he knows. he probably gets so much geriatric ass that the modern bedpan can't even hold a candle to him

Exactly how many 80 year old ******* do you have to eat to be able to make that comparison?

RedPillSucks 31

Only one, grasshopper. Only one.

theChupacabras 0

he never said he ate an 80 year old pussy.

Did any of those people get the cake specially packaged or were they all dumb enough to just try and save it in a box and some glad wrap? I know several people who had the top tier of their cakes packaged specially and found them quite delicious when they ate them on their anniversary.

doc is married????? to a woman???? a living woman??? hahaha jk. love ya doc

Bunny, I'm not sure I know you well enough to abide by such a personal insult. I am offended, madam, and I demand satisfaction by way of a duel! Ten paces and turn! Yes, I'm married, I have a 4-year old daughter, and my wife is 8 months pregnant.

That's the CluePhone ringing; it's for you.